anti-spam idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ you people are stupid.
    My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
    from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
    --MarkG

and by MikeH
    she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

I agree with ACOLKitty.

PCRs for everybody other than me in this thread for contributing to spam.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by ACOLKitty
        Christ you people are stupid.
        And what makes you so special, dear, with your little attention getting games?

And Glonk, don't be such a poodle.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Ming! Please archive this thread

MTG made a short post!
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I've made shorter.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Cool, even MtG starts to spam !
              I always like it when people start to prove my point on volunteer base thanks !

now back to the topic.

99,999% of the people posting on msgboards care about postcount. Some people care more than other people, but everyone cares.

I care about postcounts, pherhaps I don't care much, but I would rather be Emperor then the puny king I am right now. honestly.

PCR is for that reason the very best way to keep a msgboard on track ! PCR is the only way to punish regulars !
              Imagine what would happen if there wouldn't be postcounts...... much people would start to use double logins, just for the fun of it (how can you punish them ?)

You could start hijacking threads, spam on topic forums, post discriminating posts etc . etc. without a good way to be punished.
              What's the value of a ban if you can create a dl that can't be punished ?

For that reason, postcouts should always stay.

The only negative side of postcounts is spam.
              People will spam to increase their postcount.
              How do people mostly spam ? By posting short (and less time consuming) posts in reply to someone else.

If you would take away the postcount improvement people won't post a message just for spam-sake. Of course the valuable one-liners will still be posted !
              It's not like people that post valuable one liners will be punished, they just won't get a postcount, well, that's not that hard, is it ?

And of course the admins could add the postcount ban....
              a period in wich people still can post, but won't receive postcounts. Something that would be a perfect way to punish spammers ! Their valuable opinion won't be lost, but they'll be hitted in their most weak part.... their postcount-heart !

Imagine what would happen if a spammer runs the risk of not collecting postcount for one month....... a very mild punisment that can be given out easily without being cruel (ban)
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

perhaps jsut give PC back to OT and be done with all this. Would allow people to post what they want (as long as it not offensive) without cluttering up all the On Topic...
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

when people got pc on the otf there were spam problems as well.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Keeping PC’s so that you can punish spam with PCR’s? Would make sense if it weren’t that PC’s themselves stimulate spam... Maybe it’s just me but I think this kind of logic has something perverse.

Cybershy, I already had a discussion with Immortal Wombat (<A HREF="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20871" TARGET=_blank>here’s the link</A>) in which we pretty much agreed that the only purpose behind PC’s is the fun of seeing an increasing score. Would you agree with that?
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      when people got pc on the otf there were spam problems as well.
                      mainly in the Offtopic area so nobody excpet ming minded....
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

All posts should be screened by moderators before they are placed on the bulliten board.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Thats agreat idea Dashi. That way we can continue to spell terribly and use bad grammer and Mtg and Ming can correct it for us before it gets posted. Fantastic.
                          (+1)

Comment

I think branching threads would help. There is a lot of repeition here. Maybe if we went to BT, the amount of spam (posting) would drop.

Comment

Why not just create a Spam forum? That way Eli and Horse can post as much as they like without threadjacking any threads and leave Rasputin to add his usual trenchant one liners to the 'Poly forum.

And before Eli starts protesting his innocence note the avatar. Da Tovarish? Ili Nyet? Smishno.

(+1)

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                                I think branching threads would help. There is a lot of repeition here. Maybe if we went to BT, the amount of spam (posting) would drop.
                                AHHHHH! Kills GP! NO BRANCHING THREADS!
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X