This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this allowed to continue?

This thread was extremly offensive, and an addmition of an out and out crime: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=21752

Yet only now, after more then 70 replies, was it closed.

Why is this? Why are the forum rules not being enforced, why is this hatefulness aloud to fester?

Can any of you seriuosly tell me that nonsense like Spaming or what Civnation 2001 did is more serious then this?

I would like the site owners, Mark and Dan, to address why a rape confession is a valid topic for comment, whether it is a troll or not, and bare in mind that the thread starter swears that it is true.

Last week we had a thread with Frank sexual references, that was done as humor, against your own forum rules, and now this????

To me this strikes at the tenants of good taste, as well as being unaceptable behaviour in any society, even a cyber one.

Please explain this hypocracy to me.

I don't understand it.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Do I need to ask if this guy is still able to post here? If you people get so damned pissed about spamming than surely a pose like this is worth the poster loosing any opportunity to post here again.. It doesn't matter if it was a troll or real, he doesn't need to post here again. If it's real, he needs to rot in a Mexican jail where he will get plenty of opportunities to find out about rape.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

At the risk of asking a question again. Exactly why was it allowed to go on as long as it did? Was it inattention? Was someone waiting for it to get better? Was someone waiting to issue a warning?
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

1) it was closed in the end, wasnt it?
        2) did you report it to the moderators? they cant be online all the time
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I like when threads like this are pointed out

"She was really pretty and had really firm breasts"

He's no Tom Wolfe (excuse the pun).
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

another reason i stay away from the Off Topics area now...
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Re: Why was this allowed to continue?

Originally posted by Chris 62
              Last week we had a thread with Frank sexual references, that was done as humor, against your own forum rules, and now this????
              Why did you spell frank with a capital letter here? This cracks me up, because it appears that Frank is a person

Lighten up old bean or I'll set Dookie onto you. He is in your country as well so watch out

Oh come on, it is only words. Who knows what happens, for everyone here who is not involved, it is just a matter of curiosity. Having a real life pervert in our midst.

Chris 62, you wanna watch out, you are turning into a right moaning Winston
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When you said rape you meant statutory rape. I can't recall the offender confessing using force for the sexual intercourse.

That being said, why's it hateful? Why is it more hateful than a casual mentioning of mass murder, or that Asian countries are barbaric pagans? How is it more hateful than codemning nonbelievers to Hell? It's not like he was discussing how he was going to commit a rape, sheesh.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

One good thing came out of the thread, it gave us a pretty good look at the psyche of some of our posters.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I am sure if we were all honest there would be few of us who havent either had sex with a 14 yr old or wish we had (even if we were only 14 at the time)

I guess the only evil thing was if it was forced sex... I personally am against any use of force and think all rapists should be castrated....

Comment

Answers to some interesting posts

The main reason for this Mark, is to point out the inconsistancies in your site, where silliness is a crime, and a crime is just blown off, with off hand remarks like "The mods can't be online all the time", and "did you report it?"
                      The fact is, that was up for a day.
                      No mods on line a whole day?
                      I don't think so. It would seem that what constitutes offensive behaviour is open to EXTREMLY wide interpretation.
                      Now, let's respond to Provost's post, as it is the sillest and most callous, considering he considers himself a liberal of sorts, but cares nothing about children's rights or rape victims.
                      Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      Why did you spell frank with a capital letter here? This cracks me up, because it appears that Frank is a person
                      Wrote that when tired and angry, so sometimes grammar suffers.

Lighten up old bean or I'll set Dookie onto you. He is in your country as well so watch out
                      I don't dislike the boy, but you should know whom the loser of such an exchangs would be. Hint: It wouldn't be me.
                      Oh come on, it is only words.
                      ******. Spic. Chink. Wop. Greaser.Gook. Shall I go on?
                      After all, they are only words.
                      Who knows what happens, for everyone here who is not involved, it is just a matter of curiosity. Having a real life pervert in our midst.
                      So is everything else here that goes on, Provost.
                      I find it interesting that you personally can get worked up over the debate about religion, but a child being raped is just a "curiosity", to use your own statement.
                      There can be no more vicious a crime then raping a child (and make no mistake, getting a 14 year drunk and forcing yourself on her is rape, and that is what was addmittted), and yet you, and several others have no problem with it.
                      You think of it as entertainment.
                      I think it speaks volumes about your personal morality, and it will taint anything you say from this point foward, for how can we accept your opinion when we know that you think of child rape as a "curiosity".

Chris 62, you wanna watch out, you are turning into a right moaning Winston
                      I'm surprised you value the rights of women and children so low, as to claim that someone who is outraged by their rights being violated is labeled a "right moaning Winston".
                      It would seem that outside of your own circle, others don't matter.
                      Bleed for millions, but the rights of one girl mean nothing to you outside of sideshow entertainment value.
                      And your not alone in this horrific behavior.
                      Evel Kneival, whom I now view as despicable, called people whom where outraged by this monterous crime "forum Nazis".
                      It would seem that people like that have little feelings for the pain of others (I'm referring to the girl here), so to them, anything goes as long as they get a kick out of it.

Now for more fun and games:

When you said rape you meant statutory rape. I can't recall the offender confessing using force for the sexual intercourse.
                      Read what he wrote again.
                      What he claims she said, about forcing his hands and pulling off her cloths.Later he says it was constenual, yeah right, after seeing some of the posts, like mine for instance.
                      In plain talk, BULLSH1T.
                      It was rape, not statutory, but rape pure and simple. For a person whom claims to care about others, UR, how can you dismiss this so easily?
                      That being said, why's it hateful?
                      You don't find the raping of women and children hateful?
                      What odd morals you have.
                      Why is it more hateful than a casual mentioning of mass murder, or that Asian countries are barbaric pagans? How is it more hateful than codemning nonbelievers to Hell?
                      What has any of this to do with a girl of 14 years being raped?
                      Answer: Nothing.
                      If you wish to discuss those things, start a thread, and I will respond, until then, stay on topic.

It's not like he was discussing how he was going to commit a rape, sheesh.
                      This statement is horrific.
                      He admitted to commiting of the raping of a 14 year old child, yet you believe that planing such an act is WORSE THEN COMMITING such an act!

It would seem your moral code of conduct is sadly lacking, as is everyone who believes that rape, especially the rape of a child, is worth nothing more then causaul entertainment value on a summer's day.
                      I would say that any who think that way are callous bastasds, and wish nothing but ill will their way.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I hope my comments were amonsgt those you think takes this lighlty.. A I said , a rapist deserves to be castrated, I havent read the whole thread you link to basiclaly jua this first post.. I thought he wrote it to be offencieve , probably wasnt true at all, i dont think anyone who has actually raped a person (especialy a child ) would admit to it , too easy to trace IP addresses and such if police really wanted to...

I guess the question remains is it ok to talk of such things, to make a statement such a this and then allow discussion over it..

I think you may be right in that the Mods shoud have closed thread earlier.

Does he deserve banning ??,, I am not sinless enough to judge that ...

Comment

This is just utter bull****.
                          We've got a 20 year old claiming to have raped a 14 year old girl and some of you are making wisecracks about it? WTF is going on in your heads? You really need to get a clue. Rape is not a laughing matter, no matter what the circumstances. I can't believe I even have to say that to people.
                          I seem to recall the same confession being posted at ACOL recently...and I'm not sure what the response was.
                          Let's hope it was a hell of a lot better than the one here.
                          Frankly, I'm shocked and dismayed at the inaction on our owner and mod's parts...this is reprehensible, even for a troll, but especially if it ocurred in real life.
                          This little **** (who is a legal adult, BTW) should be run out of here on a rail and the crime should be investigated. This is your house, Mark....a guest in your house has confessed to comitting a crime. Too bad about the mess, but you have to clean it up.

Now, it could be a big joke, but it sure the hell aint funny...in fact, I'd be beating some ass right now, either way, if I had the chance.
                          Those of you who casually dismiss, or even, sadly, endorse this ****wit's behavior should be ashamed of yourselves. Really.

If a troll: ban the little ****.
                          If a crime (which you must report): prosecution and banning (of course).
                          I doubt your friend Ann did anything at ACOL either, but I thought you had more on the ball than that?

What are you going to do about this?
                          Life and death is a grave matter;
                          all things pass quickly away.
                          Each of you must be completely alert;
                          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

the more i re read the posts the more i tend to agree, he went to far in his posts.. he should be banned permaenently

altohugh he probalby will just form a DL if he isnt already one

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              Actually, the moron in question claimed that he sort of forced her to do what he wanted. Chris, I think there's a giant difference between the rape thread and the inoffensive Eli thread. Eli's thread wasn't even crude.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X