• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was ELi's thread about ???
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Just a few comments.

I read the first few posts and I think that you are not reacting properly (Chris and Sprayber).

According to my understanding what hapenned in his case isn't rape but obscene sexual offense, as though he did made blant offensive moves, in the end, he had sex with her, but not completely against her will, as she did give in after he told her he loved her. (Or atleast that's the impression I got)

But his behaviour was sexually offensive and he was forcing himself. And he did all of this while being drunk. Is it very different from what some people do while being drunk -- being sezually offensive and forcing themselves to an extent? Not that much.

Only this time the victim was underaged and didn't had the sense to walk away, but just resisted a bit until he told her he loved her.

Is he a pig, like he said? Yeah. Should he be punished for it? Probably. That's for court to decide. But MarkG has no real moral rights blocking that user from Apolyton for an act he may have comitted in real life, which may or may not be considered rape in his real life. What he did in real life is not an issue for apolyton.

Locking down the thread? Yep. Locking out the individual? Nope. Based on what? That he said he was a bad person?

He admitted he felt what he did is wrong and seeked advice. IF you wanted you could have told him to give him self in to the police. You didn't.

EDITED after I reread the "I'm a pig" thread.
      ------

About the sexual content issue:

Chris, you also disliked the content of Eli's post about 40 things men do wrong. Was it explicit? Yeah, in some places. Was it offensive? Nope. If it was offensive to you, you could just leave the thread. I don't know anyone surfing here who is under 13, and you'd be surprised how much most 13 year olds know, and that it doesn't hurt them one bit.

I agree that this place should comply with the Civ sites rules, speaking about no explicit sexual content etc. That's because the issue here is Civ, and we don't want all topics here. However Eli's post wasn't as onscene as you claim. It was a bit technical. It was part of a long list and had a descriptive title which made it possible to avoid the topic. And I haven't seen many topics about sex here at all, nor do I feel any interest in it. However whining about that topic seems too puritan for me.

It was where it belonged, in the OT. It's purpose was humorous and not sexually explicit arousal or obscene descriptions. It was a joking list about things men do wrong, and when they behave like pigs in bed. That maybe not for everybody's taste, but the title stated the topic. And I think that since the post wasn't obscene, loud or with the purpose of explicit arousal, there was no reason to delete it.

The off-topic covers many fields, from music, to politics to girls and boys issues. If we insert some humor about sex, there's no harm. If we begin writing lustful stories for purpose of arousal - that's non-appropriete for the site. But otherwise, I don't think there was any place for the deletion of the thread, or Eli's banning PCR etc.

Infact, when the mods didn't do anything, it achieved it's purpose much better. It dropped fast, and would have dropped faster if some wouldn't post "why isn't this deleted yet?" posts. That's the best method for conveying the message "these topics aren't needed or wanted here". If it would have been deleted, there would only be more interest in it and arguing about free speech and censorship and so on.

I'm perfectly happy with the mod's work here. I think they usually interfere when they should, and stay out when they should.

I'd only ask them, that instead of closing threads that deteriorated only because of one or two posters, those posters would be banned and their posts deleted. That way, the topic itself could continue well.
      Last edited by Sirotnikov; July 4, 2001, 13:11.

Comment

Though I haven't read the thread I do believe Sneak is right. If there is a guy here that has confessed to a rape then the admins should turn over all info they have on the guy together with a printed copy of the thread in question.

This is no joking matter!

Does anyone here have enough legal knowledge to determine whether there is a legal (and not 'only' moral) obligation to report this crime? Also, why can't any one of us report it? Certainly it would be better if the admins did because they have all the info on the guy, but can't any of us pick up the phone and call the police if they don't?

Actually I'm sure we can, but let's let Mark and Dan decide first. Mark, is this guy an American? If so, email me his info and I'll call.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

She pushed me away with her hands. I grabbed her face and kissed her again and again. She gave in after a while and started to wrap her arms around me
          I started to move my hands to her private areas. While doing this I was telling her that I loved her that she was the woman of my life. When my hands were over her areas she pushed me away.
          The next day we did the same. We had a few drinks and then I tried to kiss her. Again she tried to push me away but I forced her to kiss me
          I started touching her. Against her will. I took of her shirt while saying I loved her... I won't give more details but you know wut happened.
          Doesn't sound like consent. Sounds like he got her drunk and overwhelmed her.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Siro,

you misunderstand. Eli's thread was extremly degrading to women, and since many of the people here are extremly immature, they failed to see it.

It's like 50 years ago, if you made a joke about blacks or jews, nobody cared, because, after all, it's only words.

If I called you a stinking jewboy ****, you could leave the thread if it offened you, right?

Can you see how ridiculous your argument is?

By saying those things about women, you are doing functionally the same thing.

I don't give a rat's ass about politcally correct nonsense, but basic human decency is the heart of the issue here, or should we just open threads where we tell jokes about Jews, and then blacks, and whatever other group (like women, from what you said) who are not important enough to have their feelings considered.

Think about it.
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

CASE CLOSED !!

Comment

yes chris, it can happen that the ot mods do not see a thread for 24 hours. they are after all people with a real life and do this voluntarily on their free time.

and yes, if you are offended by a post, you MUST report it to a moderator immediately.
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

lancer, he posted from mexico and he has an address from a free mail service.....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                    Siro,

you misunderstand. Eli's thread was extremly degrading to women, and since many of the people here are extremly immature, they failed to see it.
                    And why was it degrading to women? All it did was list things about the techniques of some men that some women have stated are de-arousing. All talk about sex is degrading to women? Please, spare us.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The guy should not have been banned. Solely because, if he's not posting at Apolyton, he could be out in the real world, forcing other girls to have sex with him.

Comment

good point,, dont ban him,, keep him busy here !!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          yes chris, it can happen that the ot mods do not see a thread for 24 hours. they are after all people with a real life and do this voluntarily on their free time.

and yes, if you are offended by a post, you MUST report it to a moderator immediately.
                          Exactly, this is what makes me mad about Chris's whining (which has become very very annoying lately) about the mods! There is a thread called "I'm a pig". I wouldn't even open it unless I was very bored. Usually I don't click on threads like that. Interestingly Mods don't read EVERY thread. This is something you should TRY to understand. You have to report a thread to a mod and if you didn't, then stop whining. Mods don't look at everything!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

damn i always thought that mods were omnipresent and knew what you posted as you type it, always online, always watyching

Comment

Some advice.

Stratesford is a troll. It's rather painfully obvious that this is not a real person we are dealing with. This person, using this handle, has done this sort of thing before and then just disappeared.

Just like now.

Getting worked up over it is exactly what this person wants.

The person is from acol.

Don't ask me how I know this. I just do.

Exile
                              Lost in America.
                              "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                              "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                              "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

why is this thread still continuing

time to close this thread too !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X