Banning of Civnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning of Civnation

While I completely respect the fact that this is a private website, and it is the owner/moderators discretion as to who gets banned, I would just like to protest this banning.

The spirit of the internet and of Liberal Democracy itself is to expose these festering, rancid views to the clean light of day through debate and public viewing.

To 'ban' Civnation will merely reinforce his fantasyworld by making him a 'martyr'.

"I may hate what you say, but I will defend unto death your right to say it"
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Re: Banning of Civnation

Originally posted by Seeker
    While I completely respect the fact that this is a private website, and it is the owner/moderators discretion as to who gets banned, I would just like to protest this banning.
    and you are free to do so here (in a civilized manner of course)

The spirit of the internet and of Liberal Democracy itself is to expose these festering, rancid views to the clean light of day through debate and public viewing.
    sure, just not here. the internet is a huge place and this is still just a gaming site, not a general discussion site

To 'ban' Civnation will merely reinforce his fantasyworld by making him a 'martyr'.
    not our problem. our concern is to provide a good service to civers. hate has no place in civilization (games)

"I may hate what you say, but I will defend unto death your right to say it"
    posting here is a privilidge, not a right. if he was put in jail the above quote might mean something
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Banning of Civnation

Originally posted by MarkG
      hate has no place in civilization (games)
      You must play like a perfectionist. I routinely eradicate other races in my games. In CTP they enslave them!!

Comment

Just how did his banning come about?
        And how long was he banned for?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Yeah, what happened?

Comment

I agree that it would be nice to see a link posted or at least an official explanation of why CivNation was banned. We've seen examples in the past of people being restricted because of who they are rather than because they broke the rules any more than the next guy. Could this be another such case, since Seeker felt compelled to draw attention to this? Until we have some more facts, all we can do is guess. Which is a little troubling.

Comment

If you really want to know, the answer is buried somewhere in this thread
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                I agree that it would be nice to see a link posted or at least an official explanation of why CivNation was banned.
                <a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21545&perpage=30&pagenumbe r=7#post355608">http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...r=7#post355608</a>

Comment

Hmm. Another case of a poster being told not to repeat something that arguably isn't against the rules, the moderator full well knowing the poster cannot comply from the nature of his belief/political stance/personality etc. - and thus will be banned instantanously. Much to the contentment of the majority of the other participants in the debate.

Mission accomplished. Yay!

Pathetic, really. But PC, so nobody will lose any sleep over it. Not until it becomes more widespread across the OT that is, and starts to affect a larger fraction of posters. If it does, people will start taking notice. A few already have.

I don't think it's very becoming for Apolyton.

Comment

Free CivNation!!

Well at least he still has his EVC and Giancarlo personas...

Comment

Hmm. Another case of a poster being told not to repeat something that arguably isn't against the rules, the moderator full well knowing the poster cannot comply from the nature of his belief/political stance/personality etc. - and thus will be banned instantanously.
                      Or, looked at from another angle, another troll DL gets a well-earned break. CivNation is a troll DL and will be back when the person in question next gets bored.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

If a mod tells you not to do X, and then you go and do X, you can't really complain if you get banned. And others shouldn't either

Comment

something that arguably isn't against the rules
                          hate posts ARE against the rules

Comment

There's no thread for us
                            There's no place for us
                            What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us
                            Who wants to post forever?
                            There's no chance for us
                            It's all decided for us
                            The mods have only one sweet moment set aside for us
                            Who dares to flame forever?
                            When the ban must come
                            But start your own forum
                            Invite all of us to post there
                            And we can have forever
                            And we can flame forever
                            Forever is our today
                            Forever is our today
                            Who waits forever anyway?
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Was this supposed to be sung to the tune of "Somewhere There's a Place For US" from "West Side Story"?
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X