No announcement yet.

Banning of Civnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst not wanting to draw attention to myself as a trouble maker, it has often astounded me the inconsistency that some people tend to get treated with.. I too have seen some people use Hate Messages with no warnig nor apparent penalty. This sort of thing then obviously encourages others to do the same, thinking they too can get away with it and even ignore warnings. I am not advocating that, I for one listen when I am told by Admin/Mods to shut up , as I realsie this isnt a public service they running buy a private website, its like going into someone elses home.

All I say is that lets get some consistency guys and start warning/banning all those using HATE messages, not just the ones spreading HATE against the gays community. They can stand up for themselves without mods/admins doing it for them.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Free Civnation

we will never forget

and yah I think he is a DL

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Don't worry. They'll free him...in about two weeks.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

As he was only a DL he reaally isnt banned !!!

Comment

So whose DL was he? Isn't it possible for the moderators to find that out?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Secret Club

They never reveal what they know or dont know,,

Comment

CivNation2001: THE LORD JESUS CHRIST CONDEMNS ALL UNREPENTANT HOMOSEXUALS WHO REFUSE TO SUBMIT TO HIM AND FIGHT THEIR SIN, AND WHO DESPISE HIS NAME
                this is not a hatepost.
                Eventhough the guy that posted it is really sick and I'm happy he's gone, I don't think there's a valuable argument to ban him.

Of course there's a valuable argument, since this is a private msgboard....... but....

CivNation believes that Jesus condemns all unrepentant homosexuals (not all homosexuals) who refuse to fight their sin AND who despite his name.

If I scroll through the threads I see much more anti-gay talk.
                It happens often that a post is rated in gayness by other people.
                Look at what eyes wrote........

Not even to talk about how CivNation got much hate and anti-christian discrimination over him !

MarkG, I've had this debate with you after black saturday,
                and in fact we're at the same place again. You're willing to talk about a descision, but you guys won't turn a decision back.
                A good leader is one that admits he has made a mistake.

Conclusion, CivNation is really sick and it's good that he's banned, but in fact not on legal / good reasons.
                And if you ban people for reasons like that, start to ban all the other people that say things ways worse then the words of CN.

CyberShy
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

That's a very subjective judgement.

Condemning all homosexuals to Hell is definitely quite hateful, regardless of who is doing such condemning. Not only that this being also condemns all who dispises his name to Hell. My that's quite heavyhanded if you ask me.

It's like saying that Hitler believed that all Jews should be killed, and somebody quote him on it to support his own views.

That seems to be hateful to me.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think civnations understanding of the bible is also a little misplaced .. The bible makes it quite clear you cannot fight your sin.... We are all basically evil and need a saviour to prevent us having to pay for our sins, which is what HE did !!...

but the bible does say a man laying with a man is wrong.... but no more wrong than being a liar, a thief , a person using the lords name in vain...

So lets not judge one person worse than another, not by bible standards anyway, it says we all stink and deserve to die .....

Comment

Rasputin, I completele agree with you.
                      I don't agree with CN at all.

[quote]Condemning all homosexuals to Hell is definitely quite hateful, regardless of who is doing such condemning. Not only that this being also condemns all who dispises his name to Hell. My that's quite heavyhanded if you ask me.[/quotes]

It's not really hatefull. I believe that everyone that doesn't accepts Jesus as his saviour will have to spend the rest of eternity without God as well.
                      There's no hate at all against those, it's just what I believe.

CN believes homosexuality is a sin.
                      Something that isn't a very extremistic view, since a big part of the people on earth thinks the same way. He's been banned because of he speaks out his believe ?

CyberShy

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        It's like saying that Hitler believed that all Jews should be killed, and somebody quote him on it to support his own views.
                        That seems to be hateful to me.
                        Hitlers certainly wasnt firs to have anti semetic ideas, many jews killed all over the world by many other nations....

But back to the topic....

Civnation was reaaly banned for testing out the Mods/Admins they asked him to stop and he didnt.. it has little to do with his actuall statemnts ...

Comment

Civnation was reaaly banned for testing out the Mods/Admins they asked him to stop and he didnt.. it has little to do with his actuall statemnts ...
                          No, I think MING didn't understand the position of CN at that moment.
                          EVERYONE was against him, shouting at him how stupid he was, insulting him etc. etc. etc.
                          His ideas were completely shot down by everyone.
                          This made his complete identity to become silly.

Now even one of the mods came into the thread, and this mod only warned CN !
                          CivNation was a cat in problems, and couldn't do anything but post in non-offensive, non-insulting language his opinion, to defend it against everyone that's against him.

That's acomplete normal way of reacting by people that are attacked form all sides.

If he would have been testing MING, his post would've been more offensive, or near the border. In that case he wouldn't have posted his opinion in these clear, non-offensive and legal words.

And THAT's the problem, he's not banned for insulting, hate post etc. etc. (he said '******' once, which isn't a valid reason to ban, since he should've have done it again then)
                          he's been banned for voicing his believe.

CyberShy

Comment

perhpas his banning will make him relaise this is just a forum its not real life, there is a world out there, he wasnt being attacked from all sides, people were just typing messages...

Too many KIDS take all this too seriuosly....

Comment

I agree with Cybershy

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

straigtht to the point and no meaningless waffle hey jon

Comment

Working...
                                X