Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so noone has looked at the bottom of the pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhuarc, I don't have much technical knowledge of modems, but I used to have an ISDN update and I hardly noticed any speed improvements.

I think most people who have lower load rates than you have have cable or DSL, which are noticably faster IMO.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I saw it las night Markie, when you pointed to it in the other thread. Ummm...its pretty cool and needed!

Comment

The thread took 13 seconds to load on my connection. I had no other programs using the internet open. After loading this thread, I went to download the DirectX 8 SDK and it was downloading at 600KB/s.

So the slowdown is on your end a great deal of the time, MarkG.

You need a fatter pipe to support all of the bells and whistles on this new forum.

UR: Bottom of the page, just under the copyright stuff.

Edit: 20 seconds after viewing after my reply.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The record so far today is 143 seconds in the "what's your favourite special unit" thread. I'm on a T1 Line here, too.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

11.97 seconds with a 512K ADSL connection and the settings on light

Comment

18.12 s after the reply...

Comment

Thread:76.24 seconds
                Reply:25.21

Now that is quality!
                My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
                from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
                --MarkG

and by MikeH
                she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Glonk
                  UR: Bottom of the page, just under the copyright stuff.
                  Thanks.

Markos,

Maybe you can make it, eh, a little more eye-catching?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This page loaded at 12.36 seconds on a 56K modem. Not too bad.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am at work on T1 connection, and it takes between 3 to 28 seconds to load... i feel it should be faster, and I am using the light style!
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

To load the first page : 96.23 seconds

Light style, but with avatars.

To load the reply page : 9.72 seconds
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

OK, for the record, tried this from home.

The front page (the one with the forum choices on it) took 149 seconds, in light style, no avatars. The Appolyton/Community page I gave up on after about 15 minutes. This is with an ISDN connection (every other site, ACOL for example, loads fine).

Posting from work now, where it is usually <5 seconds for a load (This reply window took 2.818s). (Again this is light style, no avatars.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                            The Appolyton/Community page I gave up on after about 15 minutes
                            if you see that after 30-60 seconds the server has not sent anything, try hiting reload...
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Is there any reason that so many people are having problems with apolyton loading? I mean do our servers have bandwidth problems or is it some bottleneck somewhere else? It is obvious from everone's posting that there is a problem with the pages loading. Now we just have to figure out why!!
                              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                              EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                              AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Rhuarc, see http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...621#post343621
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X