Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so noone has looked at the bottom of the pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    if you see that after 30-60 seconds the server has not sent anything, try hiting reload...
    But it is still sending stuff - it just goes down to about 1% every 20 seconds or so. Also, the ads seem to load fine

If I reload, it just does exactly the same thing - loads the ads and the 'apolyton' header and then crawls...

(That reply box load was 2.291s, so no probem from work )

Comment

In my instance, pages load smoothly at morning and noon but in the evening and later, the pace slackens seriously. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just here? Loading other sites occurs more slowly here at that time as well, but not nearly as pronounced as at poly.

[edit] BTW, I live in the West-European time zone.
      Last edited by Colonâ„¢; June 22, 2001, 08:15.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's the same here, Colon, and I live in the same timezone...it's quite good when I come home from work in the afternoon, but in the evening, it's...dramatic...

Comment

Same here (also in the same time zone)

Comment

~~~
            Last edited by our_man; January 18, 2015, 14:58.
            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

12.313 sec , hmm not bad i guess ..

6 sec for this page,,

i guess my slow repsonse time compared to others may explain why my number of posts per day ar emuch lower than others !!!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Mark, the speed has improved alot in the last few days, thanks for your efforts!
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yesterday there was a serious jamming at some of the tier-1 ISP's and the backbone. It's not until 4pm here (GMT+8), after the operators had switched to backup routes, that the speed improved considerably.

Markos,

There's a strange DNS problem. Sometimes my browser is stuck trying to revolve the hostname, but reloading fixes it. Thoughts?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Still took 35 seconds to load this page, and 18.23 seconds to load the responce window.

It does seem to have gotten quicker in the peak times I mentioned earlier...
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Exactly one minute to load the thread main. 16 seconds to load the reply page. It's SLOW right now.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

btw, if you want to avoid loading the front forum page, you can subscribe to the forums you read often and bookmark the control panel page instead
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

is the front page the slowest to load ???

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                            is the front page the slowest to load ???
                            not really(especially if have the light style)
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

63.72 second. using lite style.

you've got too much frills on.

let it be pure and simple, wydoncha
                              Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                              "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

i like the full style better to light.. i am not overly depressed with the average speed around here, jsut bothers me when i have to press refresh or get coneection timed out pages instead of apolyton pages....

Comment

Working...
                                X