No announcement yet.

The poll you always feared but never expected to come: abolishing postcounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ming was Zeus, Alexander's Horse would make a good Hera...
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Great is Horse

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

As it stands at 10:44 GMT 23rd June 2001, if both posters keep up their current rate of posting...

AH will make deity in 46 days.
      PH will make deity in 54 days.

However, this relies on AH making 0.87 posts each day, which seems unlikely, though he does seem to be creeping the last 100 posts very slowly.
      I think there is something wrong with your math
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Nah AH, it calculates your average post count back to 1970, so this is why you have such a low average count. Now OT posts don't count it will be a lot slower hike for me to get there. I am getting there slowly but surely, but it'll take months, I just don't post on-topic a lot; I doubt it is possible to post on-topic as much, although you are putting on a damn good example AH

Now are you going to do a Mao and disappear?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, that was using the profile calculations. I see it took you less than my estimated time.
          We should do predictions of how long before he "does a Mao"...
          Last edited by Immortal Wombat; June 26, 2001, 09:10.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

"does a Ming?"

You mean become an enemy of fun?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Oops, I said Mao, really I did. I know exactly what I'm talking about, ha ha

Get above 10,000 then get a PCR and become an emperor again.
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Something tells me that IW got an edit in there

Congrats AH... at least you post on topic.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

AH, you really need a custom avatar that is true to your stature...a Shetland pony perhaps
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ya old nag!

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    You forgot the demi-gods - of which I am already one.
                    The greeks do not worship plough horses like you, old boy!
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Something tells me that IW got an edit in there
                      Couldn't have been this line could it?

Last edited by Immortal Wombat on 26-06-2001 at 14:10

Comment

• I don't recall Bucephalus being a demi-god!
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Re: Ya old nag!

Originally posted by Chris 62

The greeks do not worship plough horses like you, old boy!
                          Shows how little you know. The ancient Greeks believed that horses were intimately linked to the Gods and to human fertility.

Comment

• A horse is a horse of course of course

Perhaps you need glasses, my now god-like friend.

I said plough horses like you, not that they didn't worship horses.

See? Says it right in the quote.
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

• Keep going Stavros

Obviously you've never heard of ploughing ceremonies, which are actually fertility rites

Comment

• When you say Stavros, that's actually Steve.

I'm Chris.

Remember the old "Kojak" show, when telly would call his brother "Stavros"?

Comment

Working...
                                X