The poll you always feared but never expected to come: abolishing postcounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lurkers win the vote

One thing I notice is those opposed to post counts are posting and those who support post counts are just voting.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

What AH? Are you declaring a War on Post Poverty? New programs for the Great Post Society? Are you promising a post in every pot, or a square post deal?

Am I not shameless?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Posts for all

I think I'll call it the Posts New Deal.

We must address the needs of the post impoverished. I'm tired of seeing post lines and people with signs around their neck saying "need posts, willing to do any kind of post."
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Yes, AH is great to lead this charge since he was (as of 5 minutes ago) saying "willing to do any kind of post".
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

News editor? bah!

Just make sure in future you attribute stories properly in your role as Civ 3 page news editor and there won't be any problems.

Comment

"One thing I notice is those opposed to post counts are posting and those who support post counts are just voting."

Well, anyone willing to present their case is welcome.

Meanwhile, those posts are useful to keep this thread on the top of the page on this poll has atracted a representative vote.

That requires only a couple of thousands more votes.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: Posts for all

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                I think I'll call it the Posts New Deal.

We must address the needs of the post impoverished. I'm tired of seeing post lines and people with signs around their neck saying "need posts, willing to do any kind of post."
                Spoken like a true Blairite

You'll get my post count when you prize them from my cold, dead fingers
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Isolate posts and post counters...

This post "New Deal' is unconstitutonal and will lead to another world war!!!
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                  i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Colon

those posts are useful to keep this thread on the top of the page
                    At last! An intelligent poster who appreciates what spam can do for his thread.

Comment

YAAAH!!! SPAM THE THREAD! SPAM THE THREAD! WE SHALL NOT BOW DOWN TO THIS TYRANNY! DESTROY POST COUNTS! WE SHALL SPAM THE THREAD UNTIL OUR DEMANDS ARE MET!

Or maybe we should be less violent.

We shall spam the thread,
                      we shall spam the thread,
                      we shall spam the thread, someda-a-a-a-ay,
                      o-oh deep in my heart,
                      I do believe,
                      that we shall spam the thread someday!

I have a dream! My four little children shall one day live in a forum where members are not judged by the number of their posts but by the quality of their spamming. From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

Damn this is fun!

But on a more serious note, I don't have any idea what my post count is. I know I am over 500, because I checked it a while ago. After I made a post a while ago, something told me to look at my post count, and it was at exactly 500! I am telepathic! Now don't ask me what that has to do with anything, ramble ramble ramble.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
                        what post counts? I just want my registration date to be 1970 too!
                        Yeah. What's up with that? Secondly, I think Mark G should go back and delete all of the post counts which ever came from the OT forum. Manually. D*mn all of you who racked up enormous PCs by debating the value of Cheez Whiz versus solid cheese...Who the heck is that Mao guy, anyway? 16.38 posts a day for the last two years? That's dedication.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Precisely my original point! This post count abolition movement is nothing but a naked attempt by the Ancien Regime to suppress the up and coming middle classes. They sit on their gilded thrones amusing themselves with our daily struggles all the while unloading pompous platitudes like: "Apres moi, Le Deluge!" and "Let them eat cake." Let this be a warning that the teeming masses of the declasse are seething with discontent, and that any attempt by the elite to oppress them further will elicit such a torrent as to sweep them aside! Oh sure, we bourgeiose will try to keep the whole thing under control, but you know what happened the last time! So beware, and above all, don't lose your heads!
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I prefer solid cheese

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

D*mn all of you who racked up enormous PCs by debating the value of Cheez Whiz versus solid cheese...
                              This is an important issue.

Comment

Well give it a few more months before stopping post counts, I am nearly at deity now

AH, not coming to post in the OT? Of course not, that doesn't get you ahead in the post count stakes

Solid cheese every time for me

And Ming, do stop spamming
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X