Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down for (and about) the count...

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I don't know about abolishing post counts. Just because future counts are abolished doesn't mean that posters will surrender their titles, does it. This count abolition movement could just be a ploy to allow those who've already jacked up their scores and obtained higher titles to maintain the exclusivity of their little club. Mind you I'm not begging for charity or sharing the wealth, I just want a fair chance. Up until last month I would typically lose one or two posts for every successful post due to AOLs nasty timed cut off feature. Rightfully, without the malevolence of AOL, I'd be pretty nearly an emporer by now.

Does anyone remember when the post count was introduced, and why it was introduced?
    If Mark and the boys want to strip titles, there is squat that anyone can do to stop them.

Title? I don't need no stinkin' title! Your posts, your post counts, throw them out now!

BTW, Dr, that Peter Sellers Avatar is my all-time fav on the boards.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Dr Strangelove, pc's have always existed at poly. The only thing that has changed over time wrt it are the titles, there used to be only 2 titles, one of which, member, you received after 30 posts.(can't remember the other title really well, was it non-member?)

I'm not certain why it's featured in UBB or vBB. A human desire towards registering and statistics, I guess.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I voted for "who cares". Cuz I'm going to keep coming and make the same posts regardless if it "counts" or not.

I mean really.....it's pretty sad if you really care

pc does not = worth + community
        conversation and valuable thoughts = worth + community
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Colon, the original titles were junior civer and civer.

Comment

Re: Re: Help the illiterate

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            Unless Mark or Dan for some reason says otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to transfer mine to anyone who really wants them. (Not all to one person, but a bunch at a time, or equally to whoever asks) Or I could just set mine to zero.
            *fights to front of crowd* Gimme, gimme, gimme

Here we go, the people who come out and say how pathetic and meaningless they are. Come on, they are a bit of fun, an opportunity for some friendly competition. They aren't important, no, but they just add an aspect of fun at times. I can't see why any of you pay so much attention to the damn things. It almost seems to be a demonstration of 'how above it all' you are to come out so vociferously anti-post count, but in the end, it all seems a bit petty...

Stick with the status quo...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Mr Generosity

Once I have 10,000 posts, which I plan to keep for myself, I will give generously of any excess posts to less fortunate members.

I think we should set a goal like "by 2002 no member shall live in post poverty". It could be like a post safety net.

But the big question is, will those with few posts become dependent on donated posts? And how will they ever learn to post in their own right if we keep giving them posts? Nobody ever offered me any posts - I'm a self made poster!
              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 18, 2001, 21:41.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Horse, are you really that desperate for post count that you spam whenever you have a chance?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Abolish them.

Postcount++.
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I live to spam

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Horse, are you really that desperate for post count that you spam whenever you have a chance?
                    My love of what is called spam here is a pure love. I have no ulterior motives.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I must concede that the real reason I'm against postcounts is my hope to achieve my goal right before AH reaches his 10.000th post.

By this I intend to make AH collapse into a depression.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Well since OT posts don't count, even those meagre 1030 posts to deity is still one hell of a distance to go now. I contribute a lot to the Civ3 forum and make some posts here, and it looks like since the demise of CGN, I will start having to use the AC-multiplayer thread for PBEM updates...even so, on-topic, that is a lot of posts...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Prozac please

Originally posted by Colon

By this I intend to make AH collapse into a depression.
                          Too late

Comment

Originally posted by andye

Nice one Kitty. Actually I think the VP is running tyhe world for him. Poor Dubbya.
                            Yes, Bush needs a Dlck...
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Oops! Did I just spam? Sorry!
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

It's allright, as long as you didn't do it to raise your pc.

Comment

Working...
                                X