Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: It didn't work

Originally posted by cpoulos
    This doesn't work for me. I put in my name and password, and it just returns to the login screen endlessly, asking again to input user name and password.
    Are you sure that you use the password you had before the upgrade?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Bug in PM?

It says on the front page that I have 6 private messages, however upon entering I find only 4.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Re: Bug in PM?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        It says on the front page that I have 6 private messages, however upon entering I find only 4.
        please copy and paste here the exact message
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Probems

The speed increased, but it could be faster. There are other problems: I don't like cockies therefore I disabled them in my browsers. And I write my posts offline just to think about it in all silence and I can look up a word in my dictionary. And of course to save some money. But there is a problem I have to log in before I go to the page were I can write my message. After disconecting, writing conecting and submiting I get the message that I am not logged in. Than I give my username and password but my reply won't be posted. I have switch back to the threat again, press the reply option, login againinsert my message that I coppied before, than submit again and hope it will be posted. Therefore it would be more comfortable if username and password would be again on the write reply page. Another posibility would be username and password to have also after logging in on the Post Reply page.

Now to my other problem: I saw that I became chieftain altough I was already warloard. Therefore I took a look on my profile and I read there that I posted 66 replies and I thoght it was something of 150 post. Therefore I searched for all of my post and found 147 or 148. Therefore were are all these posts in my profile. That's more than 50% of my post account that is missing. What did I that justify this punishment. A warning before or explaination afterwards would be welcome, otherwise this will reduce the fun in posting here dramaticly. By the way I would like to know where I can find the rhules in the new forum: Where can I get to know how many posts I need to become a warloard et cetera? Or where can I find the penalties for a certain behaviour. Or other rhules like this I wasn't able to them yet, I thought that are faqs but I couldn't find it there.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Probems

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            The speed increased, but it could be faster. There are other problems: I don't like cockies therefore I disabled them in my browsers.
            you can go to the control panel page and turn off the use of cookies

Now to my other problem: I saw that I became chieftain altough I was already warloard. Therefore I took a look on my profile and I read there that I posted 66 replies and I thoght it was something of 150 post. Therefore I searched for all of my post and found 147 or 148.
            post count restored

Comment

• Thanks Markos and..

Thanks Markos, for my post account. But I already disabled cockies. But it is the disconnect problem. I am used to write my posts offline espeacilly in the CTP2 fora. There it is sometimes helpfull to take a lot of time to look the stuff up in the CTP2 text files. Therefore is it possible to have password and username also on the post reply page?

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Re: Bug in PM?

Originally posted by MarkG
                please copy and paste here the exact message
                Hi Markos, here's what it's now said on my front page
                Read them!
                Urban Ranger - You have 0 new message(s) since last visit (1 unread, 8 total messages)
                The problem is I don't have 8 messages. I have 6. So it seems that either the total count on the frontpage is 2 higher than actual, or I am missing two messages somewhere.
                Last edited by Urban Ranger; May 24, 2001, 08:03.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Bug in PM?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  The problem is I don't have 8 messages.
                  you have 8 messages including the ones you sent and saved in your sent folder

Comment

• Bah! Why does it count copies in the sent folder?

Thanks.

Comment

• Re: Thanks Markos and..

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      Therefore is it possible to have password and username also on the post reply page?
                      as i said, you can browse the forums and post on several threads with just one login in the front page without cookies. just turn them off from the control panel page

Comment

• Speaking of cookies, are they still working? I have them enabled in my control panel, but now everytime I leave the site I have to log in again when I come back. They were working fine before. The only change I made was that I changed my time zone.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• Starting to feel ignored

Not sure this is the right thread for this, but I'm not sure I'd want my username and birthday displayed on the forum front page.
                          Any easy ways to settle this?

Anyone? Markos?

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked before (haven´t read all pages of this thread), but I often have to reload a thread before it is displayed correctly. Is this a known problem of the new system or only related to my relative slow (56k) connection? Because I noticed the same on other vBulletin forums, sometimes only the first or the first two posts are shown, only reloading helps...
                            Blah

Comment

• Re: Starting to feel ignored

Not sure this is the right thread for this, but I'm not sure I'd want my username and birthday displayed on the forum front page.
                              Any easy ways to settle this?
                              eeer dont put your birtrhday in your profile?

Comment

• Aha!
                                I thought it was taken from the Birthday FAQ. Never mind, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X