Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avatar problem...

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    I have made a new avatar, but when I go to change my avatar I get the following:

vBulletin Message
    ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your modifyoptions template.

And no way to change my avatar...what does this mean?
    it means that chowlett is not alone. you two are apparently the only people who get this message

try to not use cookies(see the control panel)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It seems to be fine now, even with the cookies, and now I have my avatar up and running
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I love the look of the new forum but the additional speed overhead is too high a cost to pay. Its more than doubled the time it takes to draw a page on my 56.6 connection. Is there a way for individual users to turn off display of avatars, ratings, you've posted in this thread tags etc at the server so that only the necessary text is transmitted?
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

yay, mark put the old smilies back :b

Comment

Grumbold, you can turn off the avatars in the control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
              Grumbold, you can turn off the avatars in the control panel.
              Thanks but how about the rest?
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

How can i see how many posts i have made? the number?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  It seems to be fine now, even with the cookies, and now I have my avatar up and running
                  And it's a good one I would say. Very... University of Planet Provost .

Originally posted by Saddam
                  yay, mark put the old smilies back :b
                  What about putting a p after :, like this .

Comment

I can't find any info about new limits on the number of posts allowed per thread. Where is it?
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

ok forum staff peoples? 2 things. can you enable the IMG tag for the signature thing? i have the coolest signature i use at another forum(or did i don't go there anymore) and i want to use it but the IMG thing is off. see below.

Last edited by Method; May 22, 2001, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

Thanks but how about the rest?
                        Actually, there's an option to turn ALL avatars off (I use it too, I liked them this afternoon when I was at Uni but once at home, with a much slower connection, I changed my mind )
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                          I can't find any info about new limits on the number of posts allowed per thread. Where is it?
                          we havent set any limits yet
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

MarkG: I don't believe the forum was doing this before, but the thread titles aren't "wrapping," so if a very long title is posted, instead of wrapping to take two lines, it extends the horizontal width of the page to unreadable levels to fit it all on one page. Examine the S&D forum (going back 20 days) , for instance:

S&D Forum

The thread with the title "Dip 23, Colonial Diplomacy Ends in 3 Way Draw Between Holland, Japan, and France" makes the thread showing screen far too long. Isn't there a way to turn this back on?
                            All syllogisms have three parts.
                            Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Hey,

This upgraded version takes forever to "work with" = downloading pages, posting and changing to different threads. Okey I know my computer aint that good and my connection maybe isn't the best (although okey). I never had any problems before with the old version. So tell me, is it supposeto be like this in the future?
                              If thats so I'm not going to be around more than necersarily (like posting turns and PBEM connected), and I really enjoy being here.
                              It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                                How can i see how many posts i have made? the number?

Thanks in advance
                                Does anyone know?

Markos can you help me out?

Comment

Working...
                                X