• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit mark and more

Originally posted by MarkG at 26-05-2001 19:09
    and the change was?
    I fixed a font size code and added this line:

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
    Edit: It I used ME5 to post this I tried it with Netcape 4.5 before without any success.
    The old added a line under your post if you edited it. That could be very irritating. But I think that is a admin' decission to have it again or not.

I have the feeling that the site ins't able to keep my ID if I am using Netscape 4.5. I thought I logged in with this browser, but as I went to the forum I didn't see the light style. Therefore it isn't possible to post with Netscape 4.5 in the new forum. Maybe my problem is that I disabled roaming access in netscape 4.5. In the old forum it was possible, because I logged in at the same time when I submitted my reply. Therefore I wanted my username and password on the post reply page as in the old forum. Or that the relog in after submitting my reply would allow me to post my reply.

Now a request concerning CTP2 database: OmniGod is off therefore:

Originally posted by OmniGod in http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=17353

But for everyone else, all ddl's should go to MarkG now until he appoints another DB Manager. It's been fun and I'll see you guys later.
    Therefore I sent you an email that contains a place of a new ddl. I just want to know if you got it. (I know you are busy and have other things to do, therefore I don't expect an update next week.)

Scouse Gits: I disagree the attachment mask allows *.zip files you can put every file in such a *.zip. Therefore no need for *.sav, *.scn and *.hot files, just zip them and you can attach them. I would rather allow *.rar files, because the rar archive is a more powerfull archieve than the zip archieve. OK you can also put *.rar files into a zip archieve. But it is difficuilt to guess that *.zip file contains a *.rar file. To unpack a *.rar file you need a Unrar program or Winrar itsself.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Re: Attachment Limitation

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
      Considering the content of this site couod the attachment mask allow such files as *.sav, *.scn & *.hot
      thanks for the suggestions

file extensions added
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Re: Edit mark and more

I have the feeling that the site ins't able to keep my ID if I am using Netscape 4.5. I thought I logged in with this browser, but as I went to the forum I didn't see the light style. Therefore it isn't possible to post with Netscape 4.5 in the new forum.
        this post was made with netscape 4.71 with cookies enabled using the light style....

Comment

• Re: Edit mark and more

and this post is made again with netscape 4.71, using the default style, with use of cookies turned of both from the forums control panel and netscape's preferences. i looged in just once on the front page.

me to post my reply.
          Therefore I sent you an email that contains a place of a new ddl. I just want to know if you got it.
          yes, i think i got it

Scouse Gits: I disagree the attachment mask allows *.zip files you can put every file in such a *.zip. Therefore no need for *.sav, *.scn and *.hot files, just zip them and you can attach them. I would rather allow *.rar files, because the rar archive is a more powerfull archieve than the zip archieve.
          the maximum size remains the same, so there is no problems with such special extensions...
          rar added as well

Comment

• Finbar, I had the same problem with my e-mail getting flooded, but I figured it out:

When you selct the option to not receive e-,ail when a thread is replied to, it no longer subsribes you to new threads; this is the problem--any threads subscribed to prior to changing the setting remain subsribed; to change this, go to the section that displays subscribed threads, click 'view all subscribed threads', and then unsubscribe all of the threads--viola! No more e-mail!

Hope this helps!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• You may want to fix the date-registered stuff to not say 1969 or 1970. Looks kinda funny...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Glonk
                You may want to fix the date-registered stuff to not say 1969 or 1970. Looks kinda funny...
                We all know it. Painful, but difficult to solve. Got other things to do on our hands currently.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Can't you simply do this?

PHP Code:
                  if(date($user_date_thing,Y) < 1990)
                  print 
                  "Old timer"
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The earliest time you could be registered is 1998, when Apolyton was created.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• That wouldn't matter, anyway. You could replace 1990 with 1998 if you really wanted to...

Comment

• Originally posted by Glonk
                        That wouldn't matter, anyway. You could replace 1990 with 1998 if you really wanted to...
                        yeah one of these days(or the other days) i'm going to try a mass replace

Comment

• I have been getting a lot of "Document: Done" stoploads in the middle of loading a page; this isn't the first time I've seen it, nor has it only happened on Aployton, but with Apolyton, the browser seems to require a forced reload every four pageviews or so...

I use Netscape Communicator 4.73, BTW.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Netscape 4.x is /really/ slow at drawing lots of tables, which is essentially how this forum works. For that fact alone, I'd go upgrade to Netscape 6, Mozilla 0.9, Opera 5, or preferably IE 5.5/IE 6.

It'll fix a whole bunch of problems you're having, guaranteed.

Comment

• Hey, I'm here on behalf Hydro, as he has been unable to log on since the upgrade. However, Googlie was able to post something for Erik using his username and password in the Spartan Chronicles <shameless plug!>. He has apparently sent a couple of e-mails but received no response as you guys certainly seem to have your hands full

Here is his description of what's happening:

Situation: Have not been able to post since the Upgrade
                              * Try to post. Get a popup screen asking for me to Register/Logon. I log on, and then get a dialog screen that says Thank You.
                              * Cycle back and try to post. Get the Register/Logon screen again. I log in, but this time it says to contact the Administrator.
                              * Note - Googlie posted as me using my Username and Password and it worked fine.
                              -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

• Netscape6 and ME5 are also slow, but ME5 isn't able to find a banner code. Instead of loading the page it request to refrech this page:

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X