With the new conquests titles........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnelos

Wow... that's a lot of typos for a single post. I count at least 10 (are there any I'm missing?).
    *Makes a note to highlight "ALL" of Arnelos' typoes in future.*
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

/me wonders why Qilue is upset by this.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
        *Makes a note to highlight "ALL" of Arnelos' typoes in future.*
        Actually, the plural really is "typos".

As for my typical typos, they happen when I'm editing already half-written posts and I omit a word. The resulting sentence makes very little grammatical sense, but somehow I miss the omitted word when I look back at it.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          * Skanky Burns wonders why Qilue is upset by this.
          Because I'm unimpressed with smart alec *****s who pick on other's failings to make themselves look 'superior'.

EDIT - Don't anyone dare ask if it's that time of the month.
          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

dont be upset, if i really cared that much i would slow down my typing to control my fingers more......
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              Markos hasn't said 'no'.........
              No, but last time this question was up he stated that VB didn't allow any more levels.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Because I'm unimpressed with smart alec *****s who pick on other's failings to make themselves look 'superior'.

EDIT - Don't anyone dare ask if it's that time of the month.
                1. The intent was most certainly not to demonstrate any level of superiority. Afterall, the sheer number of word omission errors in my posts would probably astound you. The intent was, quite clearly, to take a jab at a fellow poster who seemed to write a post with a particularly high number of errors for a single post.

2. Given the above context you've supplied for your response, I honestly have to wonder why you would put quotation marks around "ALL".

That's not pointing out any error (well, unless it is one, but then I'm not really aware of it, am I?) - I'm just honestly confused about what you were intending to convey by using all caps for a word you surrounded with quotation marks.

EDIT: quotation added.
                Last edited by Arnelos; May 25, 2004, 01:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

No, but last time this question was up he stated that VB didn't allow any more levels.
                  Must b ethis version he referring to... seems next version is more flexible...

Comment

Yes, this version. And I think that an update still is far away. There are simply too many hacks, and integrated parts of other software.

Comment

1. The intent was most certainly not to demonstrate any level of superiority. Afterall, the sheer number of word omission errors in my posts would probably astound you. The intent was, quite clearly, to take a jab at a fellow poster who seemed to write a post with a particularly high number of errors for a single post.

2. Given the above context you've supplied for your response, I honestly have to wonder why you would put quotation marks around "ALL".

That's not pointing out any error (well, unless it is one, but then I'm not really aware of it, am I?) - I'm just honestly confused about what you were intending to convey by using all caps for a word you surrounded with quotation marks.

EDIT: quotation added.
                      *plonk*

Comment

Yes, this version. And I think that an update still is far away. There are simply too many hacks, and integrated parts of other software.
                        True. I imagine that transferring the obscene number of hacks used for this board would be rather tedious.

I guess I'm glad that's your job and not mine.

Comment

Are al lthe hacks necessary though. and does the new version include anyof them as base installation. Also with Ver 3 being out for awhile now, wouldnt some other sites already have the hacks therefore no work except uploading the hacks .....

Comment

*plonk*
                            * Troll sense tingling!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

Are al lthe hacks necessary though. and does the new version include anyof them as base installation. Also with Ver 3 being out for awhile now, wouldnt some other sites already have the hacks therefore no work except uploading the hacks .....
                              The problem is that some hacks has involved changes in the database structure that means that a straightforward update can't be done. For instance the attachments as files hack, would require a custom installation process to update the attachments to VB3.

Also the linking between the directory users and forum users would have to be redone. I'm not sure how mush of the civgroupstructure that would work with VB3, it depends on how the tables in VB3 are built, but it is possible that they work without change.

Then there is the Subscription system, which i have no idea of how mush changes to the forum code that has been done for implementation.

Other hacks are more or less important. there are some that changes the tables (i.e my notepad). Some are included in VB3 (i.e quick reply).

Comment

I guess I'm glad that's your job and not mine.
                                It would actually be Markos job, but I guess that I would be involved in some way if an update were to take place (at lest to make my code compatible, but maybe more)

Comment

Working...
                                X