This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad-Free Apolyton: THE POLL

ok, so let's see the amount of interest....
    Yes
    13.68%
    Yes, but I dont have a credit card
    14.21%
    Yes, If the price is right
    29.47%
    No
    42.63%
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Yes, if I had a credit card. I try to keep my hair out of credit card debt.

Comment

Depends on the price, but I wouldn't mind it.

Comment

Yup, as long as we're not talking megabucks I'm in.

Comment

Yes, but no CC.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Price must be right.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

given this initial trend, examples of the right price seem to be needed

Comment

maybe $5 a month? With perhaps 2000 active participants, what is that, 10k a month? though of course, what happens to lurkers? Of course, if real money comes in, Markos might be able to get a better server.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

though of course, what happens to lurkers?
                  perhaps we've not said it enough times: people will always be able to use apolyton for free

we are discussing giving the option to pay for ad-free browsing and possibly other services

Comment

Well, since this is a business decision on your part, Mark, you'll need to set the price. I think we all want this to be a good deal for you, too. I'm probably as addicted to this site as much as to Civ after all.

Thanks for the poll. This should give you some idea of the needed price to make this a go.

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Voted "yes if the price is right", but that mainly concerns international transaction fees. I don't feel like giving to the bank as much money as I give to 'Poly. If there is a donation in Euros, I'll see no problem with paying 5€ a month
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes, if the price is right. I'd be willing to pay a once-a-year fee.
                        What?

Comment

Would Staff members get a discount

But seriously... just tell me how much and how often and I will give you a credit card number

Oh... and a once a year fee makes more sense than billing more often for a shorter time frame.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            given this initial trend, examples of the right price seem to be needed
                            I'd base it on what an average poster generates in income for the site.
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

eh, make that to NOT include lurkers and settlers. The money makers would the warlord+ people, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X