Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean the 10% counts as 20% or 30%???

Me thinks you watched too many Window status's or progres bars...
    Last edited by alva; March 21, 2004, 19:01.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Would not mind paying for the site, although visits have been rather infrequent as of late. But I like the work these guys have done and if they need us we shall be there.

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

• I'll happily pay a fee.
        I am not bothered by pop-ups.
        I think that ads in posts are ok as long as they do not obscure text. If they are in the same place, you soon ignore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
          an update

on deciding the benefits and prices, we're 50% done

on the technical side, we're 10% done(but a significant 10% )
          Care to divulge a few hints?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• With the implementation of these wonderful new in-post banner ads, I'd like to ask that there be some kind of subscriber thing to get rid of them. Please. They're horribly distracting to the flow of things. Plus, it seems most people complaining about them are the ones that would pay to get rid of them.
            Titans, GO!

Comment

• I'd like to ask that there be some kind of subscriber thing to get rid of them. Please.

YEp, they seem to be working
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

• I'd like to ask that there be some kind of subscriber thing to get rid of them
                1) these ads are still EXPERIMENTAL. we've yet to decided what we'll do with them
                2) it goes without saying that subscriber will see ZERO number of ads. nothing. nada. tipota (greek for "nothing")
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• That's just to make more people feel to pay for

They want us to really beg to pay

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

You mean the 10% counts as 20% or 30%???

Me thinks you watched too many Window status's or progres bars...
                    it was an attempt to give you an idea on what progress we have made....

Comment

• and in case you dont read the news in the about section (reminder: http://apolyton.net/about) the current idea for the google ads are to partially replace popups in one of the forum styles

Comment

• Also, as you might have noticed, we`re running a small experiment with Google ads

Erm yeah, I would say people have noticed.

Comment

• So we will be able to choose a style without those goddamn Google ads? Nothing has annoyed me this much since the slow loading problems we had in spring of 2001.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• There're not too bad.

Of course, I browse 'Poly on 1600x1200, I have plenty of room on my screen anyway
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• If this is limited to some forum styles then it's fine. People can choose what kind of ads, or none when the new subscriber thing kicks in.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                                YEp, they seem to be working
                                I already said earlier in the thread that I would be willing to pay for a subscription to Poly
                                Titans, GO!

Comment

Working...
                                X