• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm still waiting !!!!
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Patience is a virtue.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

pateince !!!!

Comment

[i told you so]
          You may have missed the window of opportunity by not having one ready. To much discussion, and not enough action. But I'm sure Mark will get to at, at his first opportunity.
          [/i told you so]
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah,

I think the problem falls in the "name follows form" category. Apparently, it is impossible for devotees of diplomacy to gear up for quick, decisive action. Even the "take charge" guy couldn't.

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Who is the take charge guy?
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hmmm, we all thought it was you.
                Obviously we were mistaken.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh yea, I knew that.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                    rah,

I think the problem falls in the "name follows form" category. Apparently, it is impossible for devotees of diplomacy to gear up for quick, decisive action. Even the "take charge" guy couldn't.

Monk
                    hmm obviouslty he never encountered a Deity attack !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

hmm obviouslty he never encountered a Deity attack !!!!
                      "Obviouslty", also obviously.

In time things COULD change, but as of now, the delay, the inability to make a decision (decisiveness) has not brought results. But don't lose hope. Perhaps it is just that Mark has followed diplomatic ritual. He has taken the proposal under advisement.

Good luck.

Monk

Comment

Me thinks that peopel are still confusing this particualr civ group we asking for with the Civ Democracy games...

Civ diplo style as we play has nothnig to do with decisions needing to be made, it is all about role playing the civ game .

We use modified rules and maps to more suit our style , but the general game is the same. Wars happen, sometimes with blisstering pace. Each civ is played by one player who doesnt need to get anyone elses ok to plan out his civ.

Comment

All that is well and good, Rasputin, and I think the idea sounds grand.

But, after we agree on all that, isn't it true that, even after a warning, you guys acted like Demo gamers, not able to get it done because of over much talk??

And as I said before, good luck. Your conception of a newish game style sounds very interesting.

Monk

Comment

actually not so new, been doing it for a few years now...

and actually the people arguing about our civgroup icon were none diplo people. ozzy did all the hard work and mad ethe icon and then the usual spammers came in and debated with poor ozzy and being the diplo player he is he tried to negotiate a peace settlement rather than a war. he should hav elistened to his allys and attacked early

Comment

Sorry, but I don't think so. Didn't happen that way. The commanding officer at the scene waffled and presented a second choice. Don't blame others. Doesn't speak well of your group that you get all shifty about taking responsibility.

The first image was perfect. Should have said, Thanks for the opportunity and here is our logo. Done. Finished. Hooray!!

And the idea is clearly "newish" as shown by all the requests for info about the gameplay. Is this defensiveness a common trait of Diplo gamers??

Monk

Comment

I think Raz had an accurate assessment of the situation. And as any diplogamer knows, truth is the version of history that gets posted first.

Raz isn't being defensive, he is just correcting your mistaken idea that diplogaming is new. Diplogaming has been around Apolyton longer than you have. Perhaps it is our failure of promoting it that has caused you and many others to have not heard of the genre before, but it is very widespread in the Civ2-MP forum going back several years.

Getting this civ-group is a belated attempt to correct our failure of promoting diplogaming. So hopefully Mark will get it set up for us soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X