No announcement yet.

Diplogame Civ Group: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will probably need three or more threads to discuss it, design it, and then vote on it, and then create an alternative universe where world leaders can discuss the impact it will have on the game
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

1) never post a 1-sentence request. explaining yourself and providing links help

Sorry.

2) is there an estimate on the amount of people involved in diplogames?

According to Raz' last tally, 88 people have played in a diplogame. We have 2 running right now, with a third on the way. Each game involved 5-7 players.

3) you dont happen to have an icon ready, do you?

Working on it.

Comment

To make this work... there are specific specs the Icon needs to meet. I remember reading what they were, but can't remember what exactly they are. If anybody remembers them, please post them to make Ozzy's job eaiser.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep, all the icons I made were pretty simple and the same parameters. Are DiploGamers only Civ2? It would seem you could do this with Civ3 also.

Comment

Well according to Ozzy's "Civ 2 MP" icon, they need to be 15 pixels wide and 19 pixels high. Its a start, anyway.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                  Yep, all the icons I made were pretty simple and the same parameters. Are DiploGamers only Civ2? It would seem you could do this with Civ3 also.
                  You could definately do this with Civ3. Or MOO, or SMAC, or CTP, or anything else out there. Unfortunately though its been limited to Civ2 so far. There has been some talk about doing it in Civ3, but most of the Civ2-MPers were really disatisfied with Civ3-MP, so who knows. I'd still like to give it a shot (if and when I ever get Civ3-MP).

If you are interested in starting up a game, I'd strongly recommend it. It's lots of fun to try, and engrossing. Get some friends into it too.

Comment

Well this hasn't yet been voted on by the whole community, but... how does this look?
                    Attached Files

Comment

It looks a little (how should I put this?) personal. Maybe you should go with something a little less gothic....
                      How's about a Civ 2 dip figure? Could you shrink it that small and still tell what it was?

Comment

I like it. Stylish.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                          If you are interested in starting up a game, I'd strongly recommend it. It's lots of fun to try, and engrossing. Get some friends into it too.
                          Yes, a diplo game by yourself may leave you unsatisfied.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think some people wouldn't have a problem with it though

Comment

Most of them live in the OT, arguing with their DLs, at the technological pinnacle of schizophrenia.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                                It looks a little (how should I put this?) personal. Maybe you should go with something a little less gothic....
                                How's about a Civ 2 dip figure? Could you shrink it that small and still tell what it was?
                                Eh, doesn't look all that great.

And what do you mean by personal?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X