The lost people of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

He has the honour of being the sole remaining name on my "ignore" list. I'm not scared of the bloke. I don't hate the bloke. It's just that his posts were the equivalent of white noise- I'm astonished how anyone can manage to assemble a collection of letters in order to form semi-coherent English and yet never once get near to achieving insight, entertainment or indeed anything of any value whatsoever, yet Bobby managed it. In fact he managed it relentlessly.

[Bob]Shut up Eurocom!!! [/BOB]
    I thought he was funny sometimes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

Oerdin; Why is he leaving? (someone said that in this thread)
      To my recollection he is going on active service in the army reserves. Where and for how long I can't remember, but he has said almost point blank that it ain't Iraq.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• What's the Newsmax forums?
        >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

• Newsmax is an ultra-right wing U.S. site. About 3 years ago, someone (Stefu?) found the site and several of us leftists went over there and terrorized the locals. It would've been a minor incident that would've lasted no more than a couple of days, except then Black Dragon told them where we came from. So then several newmaxians (as we called them) came over here. Most of their posters left after a short while, but a few stayed, and some of our people frequented their forums (stewie, in particular, enjoyed trolling over there; they were unmoderated). Actually I think we benefitted from that since we got a few intelligent posters out of them. But I don't recall seeing any newsmaxians around here lately.
          And the forums over there no longer exist.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Whoa. Un Horror, it's really weird seeing your old av and then flipping to a new page and it's completely different. Freaky too.
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
              Newsmax is an ultra-right wing U.S. site. About 3 years ago, someone (Stefu?) found the site and several of us leftists went over there and terrorized the locals. It would've been a minor incident that would've lasted no more than a couple of days, except then Black Dragon told them where we came from. So then several newmaxians (as we called them) came over here. Most of their posters left after a short while, but a few stayed, and some of our people frequented their forums (stewie, in particular, enjoyed trolling over there; they were unmoderated). Actually I think we benefitted from that since we got a few intelligent posters out of them. But I don't recall seeing any newsmaxians around here lately.
              And the forums over there no longer exist.
              whoa! great piece of Poly history. Thanks Theben

Comment

• And the forums over there no longer exist.
                Since when?

That's scary

--
                I remember my own brief excursion to Newsmax... (I'm a political centrist through and through) I was cussed out and made fun of because of my user name and they didn't even listen to a word I had to say... They came across as the biggest group of racist bigots I ever met!

Their plan for stopping terrorism in america was to kick ALL the mexican's out of america... including 3rd generation mexican-americans becuase they were "*********" and stealing american jobs and ruining the economy and wanted to steal the south and hated america and etc. etc.

Every time I tried to talk reason to them, even somewhat siding with them on a hardline against illegal immigration, they called me a communist liberal

and then proceeded to degrade mexicans. ugh. I couldn't stand it.

I created a DL on their forum that agreed with them in every way... but for the most racist and idiotic reasons. They couldn't grasp the point They were too stupid to realize that I was spoofing them

So I left
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Darkcloud, the Newsmax forums shut down soon after 9/11 IIRC. So I doubt Rand is still there.
                  hmm.. they were around december 2001... and I suppose you're right, I couldn't find them when I last looked for them in March 2003 or so... I just thought they were buried...

Strange isn't it how things change- I wonder why they were shut down?

I suppose theben's probably correct on his assumption
                  Was the bloodlust overwhelming their server?
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    Every time I tried to talk reason to them, even somewhat siding with them on a hardline against illegal immigration, they called me a communist liberal
                    And Imran, Imran, of all people, was a communist.

Yeah, they were nuts.

Comment

• I'm sure they would call Fez a marxist

Comment

• I found this News Max site. Although there isn't any forum over there, it seems to be a very (American) conservative site

I'm a political center-right guy, but I think those people would consider myself as a commie

Comment

• Yup. That's the one. No forums anymore. I think it was the Afghan war that killed it for good. It got utterly out of hand. Load of raving nutbars most of them. Oh, except Lincoln of course. He's from there and still here occasionally.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Whatever happened to 1212 Problem?

Comment

• Now you know how us Euro's feel here among all you USsians
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

• or to Hueij? anyone noticed him around?

Comment

Working...
                                X