Spyware?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. Then I'll address it.

Spyware, as such, never actually asks for your permission to install. Most spyware finds it's way to your machine bundled with other software, that may or may not ask for permission to be installed.

In the case of Gator, what you actually click to install is a "Precision Date/time manager" whatever that may be. That program, however, is ad driven, meaning that to use it, you will have to put up with a lot of ads.

Now what Gator does, is it monitors the websites you visit, and then it tires to display ads that are relevant to your interests. This, it does by extracting information about you. This it what puts the spy in spyware, and is of course the real intent of Gator.

So you click yes to install one program, but with it comes another program.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

Now what Gator does, is it monitors the websites you visit, and then it tires to display ads that are relevant to your interests. This, it does by extracting information about you. This it what puts the spy in spyware, and is of course the real intent of Gator.
      Right. So my response to UR was correct, and you should have agreed with me. It was he who brought up consent. I only addressed his point. See?

Comment

Yup. But my comment was really more directed at him than at you.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
        X