No announcement yet.

Spyware?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not aware of any spyware that installs itself with the consent of the user, thus the "spy" bit.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Gator. Gator asks you to download it's cookie, and if idiots accept it, fair play to Commission Junction.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        I am not aware of any spyware that installs itself with the consent of the user, thus the "spy" bit.
        Surely the "spy" bit is there because info can be gleaned and sent elsewhere, regardless of consent for installation being granted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
          Gator. Gator asks you to download it's cookie, and if idiots accept it, fair play to Commission Junction.
          I don't know about the rest of you, but that damn Gator keeps asking me if I want to install it's bull**** whenever I surf these forums.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I never get this...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

I don't know about the rest of you, but that damn Gator keeps asking me if I want to install it's bull**** whenever I surf these forums.

Edit: I did in no way edit this post.
              Last edited by DrSpike; September 3, 2003, 16:52.

Comment

Comment

Oh, I think you meant to link me to this thread.

Comment

I have no idea how that happened. Must be a freak bug.

Yes the gator thread was what I attempted to point you to.

Comment

The one you linked me to was funny though.

Comment

Worst part is I was castigating Shiber for misclicking on an adjacent link the other day. When he sees this he will feast on the delicious irony.
                        Last edited by DrSpike; September 3, 2003, 17:16.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Surely the "spy" bit is there because info can be gleaned and sent elsewhere, regardless of consent for installation being granted or not.
                            Well, if you install something that you have no idea what it does, that would be a personal problem
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Are you trying to get him to take responsibility for his own actions, UR??

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                                Since you both missed the point I'll repeat this quote. I don't think this is the reason it is called spyware. I think the reason I gave seems more consistent. I may be wrong; either way neither of you addressed the point, especially UR, who is as slippery as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X