No announcement yet.

Why does Settler II keep crashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been pretty stable for me all day. First one in a while.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Poly is crashing because of the high load times of all those threads asking why Poly is crashing.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        So what's going to happen when a couple of thousand new members sign up and dissabling the avatars won't cut it anymore?
        Well, we are getting about 70 new ones a day. And at least 10 of those aren't DLs even.

Comment

Well it isn't the RON forums. Traffic there is no where near what it was on the CIV III forum.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Because it suck... oh wait.

It does seem kinda strange. It never was this bad with the CivIII influx even.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, some of the CivIII influx stayed.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Something is choking the HTTP connections in the software.

It's either:
                1) Apache
                2) Linux TCP/IP

Take your pick.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher, follow this advice. Then, carefully read this.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

at geeslaka

Comment

For geeslaka ! just press the button
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sorry, not going to get Flashed.
                        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                        XGalaga.

Comment

It's very clean, nothing fancy, I promise..
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was referring to the plugin. I'm not going to install it.
                            XGalaga.

Comment

For geeslaka:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Your "any server would crash when subjected to the load Settler II recieves" comment is beyond ridiculous...

Linux's TCP/IP stack isn't very robust, the websites that use Linux for hosting use clusters so each individual stack doesn't get worked too hard. A real OS, like a BSD or NT, would handle it far more elegantly.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X