No announcement yet.

I've HAD it with the slow server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, i'm in chicago for most of the year, where rah and ming are purported to be...
    B♭3

Comment

• Purported, Purported.

Many posters have visited us here and have posted about the wonderful hospitality that was provided.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The 'hospitality' once meant a 100% pcr for Tassadar IIRC.

Comment

• so is settler II stationed in chicago? if i can find any spare hardware, i could conceivably donate it when i go back to chicago for school again this autumn...
          B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
            ok, here's an idea.

not all of us can send in cash (being a college student and what not~). however, i might have some hardware lying around.

would you guys be willing to accept donations of hardware? either to increase settler-II's brawn, or to offload some of settler's duties to a second server, worker-I ?
            That's a kind offer, Q-Cubed, but as a commercially hosted site hardware donations are not suitable for Apolyton. Again, the thought is appreciated but this would be too difficult if not impossible to authorize and co-ordinate given current hosting arrangements.

----------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• damn, I already sent in my old floppy discs.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                I'm never coming back here ever again.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Did you actually expect AH to keep his word? Of course he came back. In fact, I bet he never left.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

• Look up the word parody.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Start an official internet fund like that one for the French Jedi-Kid. I'm in for 10 bucks.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• He's also going to buy polywear again. He feels that urge.

Comment

• Who are you imitating AH?
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

• I thought it was obvious. People who throw a tantrum whenever something bad happens - such as slow servers or servers being down.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by DanQ
                              That's a kind offer, Q-Cubed, but as a commercially hosted site hardware donations are not suitable for Apolyton. Again, the thought is appreciated but this would be too difficult if not impossible to authorize and co-ordinate given current hosting arrangements.

----------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS

Dan - could you tell us a bit more about what =might= be a practical and suitable solution? Are the server problems indeed due to lack of good hardware/financial means?
                              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                                The 'hospitality' once meant a 100% pcr for Tassadar IIRC.

Hmmm, he was in on the joke that night and was later credited all the posts lost that night.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X