ACPSG: Things already decided.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
    Ok, should we fail to get the Weather Paradigm, I will personally shoot the planning director responsible.
    As will I!...

Oh s**t
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hmm, if Darsnan can still change it, with this information that land and sea terraformations need the same tech, I would rather prefer to keep boreholes at the old tech, and exclude sea boreholes from the game. What do others think?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

As would I. We need boreholes at a sensible time, and this makes the Weather Paradigm way too powerful IMHO.

Bring on the Swiss Cheese
        Smile

Comment

I'll PM Darsnan about it.

Comment

Sounds good!
            Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
            Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
            The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

I have received a PM from Darsnan saying he was mistaken in his previous comment that land and sea terraformations need the same prerequisite. Land boreholes can stay with EcolEng after all, and sea boreholes with Nanomet. So there's no problem and things can be as planned.

Comment

That's even better
                Smile

Comment

Or just send him to New Siberia (the Chiron equivalent)... that will do

Comment

Darsnan PMed me saying he feels the game is ready for shipping. He asked me how to distribute the game: e-mailing it to all known participants or posting it on the forum for everyone to download. I advised the latter option, keeping up with our tradition to keep the game as accessible as possible for as many people as possible.

Comment

It's times like this I wish I SMAX (for the Mac). I have SMAC, but I have not found a Mac copy of SMAX. So until hell freezes, here's to role playing!
                      She cheats her lover of his due
                      but still contrives to keep him tied
                      by first deciding to refuse
                      and then refusing to decide

Comment

Working...
                      X