Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johndmuller
    replied
    I like monoliths, I'm 50/50 on the AA's (I like to use them to help build SP's) and it wouldn't bother me if you got rid of the techs from pods. I likewise am willing to leave the question of Miriam up to Googlie - who seems to have the specs figured out OK as far as I can tell. Thanks, Googlie .

I edited my earlier post to include the email addresses I didn't know before, so they should all be good (assuming I didn't make any mistakes or use outdated info).

Leave a comment:

• Qantaga
    replied
    Googlie, please switch our factions around. shadowlord3 will play Morgan and I will play the Hive.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Qantaga
    replied
    Googlie, I do like the idea of you disabling techs and AAs from pods.

It would not bother me at all if you eliminated Miriam, but I trust your game judgement implicitly.

As for our factions, there is a chance that shadowlord3 and I might switch the Hive and Morgan, but I will let you know by tomorrow morning at the latest. Hopefully, that won't slow things down.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    So, If i have read correctly, the teams are:

Darsnan (Gaians) & johndmuller (Sparta)
    Chaunk (UoP) & KK (Peacekeepers)
    shadowlord3 (Hive) & Qantaga (Morgan)

It'll be a challenge to make the Believers a decent faction as I have done with TBP's Morgan, so there may or may not be an AI as the playtest dictates

Large map, average everything, spoils on, random off, all winning conditions on, team commlinks from the start.

How about monoliths? Recently, for skill games, I've been disabling techs and AA's - make you research, trade or steal the techs, and not be a random luck factor. same with AA's. They tend to favor the Gaians and Cult with their 3-tile mindworms' movement, and the Pirates and Spartans to a lesser extent with their increased mobility.

G.

Leave a comment:

• KrysiasKrusader
    replied
    Allright, I think I've got it sorted out.

I'm gonna be representing the Planetary Government as the Peace Keepers.

Right ?

Leave a comment:

• KrysiasKrusader
    replied
    What !?? You always take the Gaings !

Okay, okay... I'll talk with my partner.

Back in a few minutes...

Leave a comment:

• Darsnan
    replied
    Originally posted by KrysiasKrusader
    If the Gains are still available, I'll take them.
    Gaians!!!! G-a-i-a-n-s !!!!!

Anyways, I called Gaians earlier today. FYI.

D

Leave a comment:

• KrysiasKrusader
    replied
    Wow what a discussion !

So what's my choice for faction again ?

If the Gains are still available, I'll take them.

Leave a comment:

• Darsnan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaunk
    Are we planning on leaving the lone AI in then or eliminating them?
    If its anything like the AI Googlie put into "Teddy Bears Picnic", then I'd say yes, leave it in! The AI's power graph lead in that game is intimidating, to say the least: all 4 humans in that game are pancakes compared to the AI, and we have been "walking on eggs", so to speak, in our explorations of that Planet so far! FYI.

D

Leave a comment:

• Darsnan
    replied
    I prefer open comm link with your team mate from the start, as this then can lead to some different/ concerted strategies by pactmates ( I know I want to tell my pactmate immediately how I plan on playing the first 50 turns of the game, and what I plan on driving for techwise), as well as some real double entente's by our enigmatic CMN! Imagine trading world maps with your pactmate, realizing that physically "linking up" is a viable option. You and your pactmate start striving towards this goal, and lo and behold the Nexus/ Ruins/ Unity lies right between you! Happy Days! But wait, all of a sudden two other factions stumble into the Nexus/ Ruins/ Unity just about the same time as you do, trying to link up as well! And thats just one scenario of an absolute knockdown/ dragout fight that I was able to come up with: imagine what Googlie will have in store for us! Personally speaking (I played in a Googlie game "Renegades" over at CGN where it was two teams of two against each other, and we had communications with our pactmates right from the start) I imagine that even with the advantage of initial communication with your pactmate, that Googlie will easily be able to negate this advantage, as well as set traps for the unwary!
    The other side of the coin is that by having the comm freq's right from the start, then nobody has reason to be concerned/ suspicious of other teams either sharing info in game, or talking offline. This is a game: lets have fun!

D

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    replied
    Are we planning on leaving the lone AI in then or eliminating them?

Leave a comment:

• johndmuller
    replied
    I'm OK with the faction selection so far; much as I like the Chairman, the Colonel will be a welcome change. So the ball is now in KK's court.

As to the commlink/pacting question, I'm willing to let it come out however it comes out, but I do like the notion of trading commlinks as a valuable commodity; it would be interesting to see how much they were worth to someone (that would seem to favor choice 3). Since I seem to be headed for Sparta (and my partner the Gaians), it would behoove me not to pick option 1 . The main drawback I see in the search for the commlinks is that one team could get very lucky or unlucky relative to the rest and it would greatly influence the outcome. A possible solution to that would be to have a prearranged date (say 2140) after which everyone would be deemed to have the commlinks. I'm currently playing a game where 3 players have 2 teams each and the AI player (a beefed up Yang) got the links and called an election well before then, making this somewhat of a moot point. It looks like a consensus is building for Option 1, however, so unless there is a late groundswell for the others, I guess we will end up going that way.

Speaking of beefing up, if Googli wanted to do it, it would be fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• shadowlord3
    replied
    My e-mail addresses are dmshadowlord3@yahoo.com and shadowlords@columbus.rr.com. I use both and which ever one is working the best at the time.

I dont care what faction I play or if we choose or go random. My vote would be to choose factions so everyone is happy.

If this is a team game I vote for open communication from the beginning with your partner. This makes it fair for all teams.

SL3

Leave a comment:

• Qantaga
    replied
    Chaunk, I agree with you, I just wanted to point out one possible consequence of not having immediate contact with your teammate.

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    replied
    To my mind, I would prefer 1 or 2. What would be the point in a team game where you may not get to contact your team mate?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X