Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's the turn to SinMan.

I don't have his email.
    Last edited by knowhow2; July 16, 2002, 02:54.
    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

• let me know when you find a replacement

Comment

• here's sin man's email: jsinas1073@rogers.com

kh2, u are a permanent replacement for cube, right? because, we need 2 replacements, one for cube, and one for chaunk.

Comment

• turn sent to SinMan

well, actually there could be a problem since I'm the password holder you see...... better to find a neutral player.

Comment

• yatz, password holder. Okay, I'm on the replacement hunt.

Comment

• hey kh2, can u post the game details in the first post, cuz when i posted the replacements needed thread, i realized we didn't have that. it'd be nice to have the turn order and settings there, for people to see.

Comment

• the thing is that I wasn't in this from the beginning. I was asked if I could hold the password somewhere after ahile. I belive Claw919 is the actual creator of this game (and he is also in it).

order of play would however be the traditional SMAC order.

Comment

• aw, ic. so then, claw, could u please do the honors.

Comment

• Here's the extensive ruleset. Get your buffers ready:

---
                    - Huge map (random)
                    - Accellerated Start
                    - Blind Research OFF
                    - NO Steal tech when conquer
                    - Normal lifeforms

And the 'regular' AC multiplayer rules, including "no contact until you meet", etc.
                    ---

That's pretty much it. The "regular" rules are the anti-cheat rules and similar things in the Apolyton tournament rulesets (things like behaviour you need to follow when failed probes, etc, etc, etc).

Sorry for the slow response times - my daughter's baptism was this past weekend.

Comment

• Is Hive still free? I really would like to play with em.

Here are some familiar faces from the "red planed" -game

I am reading this thread now. Looks like you guys had a problematic start in here.

Comment

• Hive's been taken by KK, but it looks like the Peacekeepers are going to become free very shortly. (Chaunk - have you had any further thoughts on this?)

Problematic start - yes. I blame myself, actually. Back in the heydays (Warning: Nostalgia and grumpy old man mode approaching)... you could start a game and say "I want players" and accept everyone who came along, knowing there was a good chance they'd stick the game out.

Now, because the scene is really sharply divided between people who have been playing a LONG time and people who found the game in the $8.99 bin at Blockbuster, you get people who take on 10 games at a time and then lose interest.

Actually, I blame those people, not myself.

Comment

• Claw, how can KK take Hive when he's already playing the Spartans??!

You gotta find a way to keep your games straight!

Comment

• Ahh. In this " http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55925 " -thread I saw "2 Replacements Needed for SMAC PBEM (Hive and Pks) " -text. That is just 12 hours old, so when did KK took em?

I was looking for a Hive, but perhaps peacekeepers would be fine too. Though I have actually never played with them, but this only means that you would have some chance to survive

Comment

• Fromage as Hive is fine with me. DilithiumDad posted in the replacement thread about taking the PK. That would be delightful!

At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to give Chaunk the boot, the PK replacement shoould take place ASAP, out of fairness to DD.

Comment

• No problem, I'll email DD the last turn and pass now so he can catch up.

Been good playing with you guys, I'm just sorry I had to leave before the end
                                Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                                X