Captain Yang's Crusade - 3 x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Yang's Crusade - 3 x 2

Captain Yang has sworn to chop down all the trees on Planet and feed them to his factories so that he can keep the air nice and smoky, just the way he likes it. Game design (& CMN) by Googlie (Thanks ).

Flubber - Gaians and Morganites
    JohnDMuller - Cult and Peacekeepers
    Darius - Coven and DataAngels
    Yang - Hive

MY 2102 to DJ Darius

Comment

hey folks. In case anyone other than us 3 reads this thread I thought I would note that in this game, your opponents picked the factions you would play (subject to one veto). For that reason, I think we all ended up with more vanilla factions. I think on reflection, no one wanted anyone to have war machines like the Spartan, Hive or Believers.

I know that I am a bit apprehensive about my foray into MP with the Morganites . . . Hab limits are WHAT ??!!??

I would also like to add my thanks to Googlie-- I believe I am in about 6 "Googlie specials" now and all of them are well balanced and fun-- Your efforts are appreciated
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hey, guys. 2103 to Flubber.

I unpacted my two factions as we discussed. However, that still leaves them with a treaty. IIRC, the only way to get rid of a treaty is for one faction to declare vendetta on the other. However, that would leave one faction with a reputation hit. So what do you want to do: 1) Keep the treaty, 2) Declare a temporary vendetta and live with the reputation hit, or 3) ask Googlie to restart us with no treaty or pact?
        "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

2103 to johnd

I believe that we can only do 1 or 3. Is there a way to declare vendetta without units meeting (other than at AI request) ?

I am with with either option 1 or 3 since I do not know if option 2 is possible. I did unpact --

It appears that it was intentional on Googlie's part as I definitely have my "teammates" comm freq.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Turn 2103 to DataJack Darius.

I unpacted too; I tried out "Make Truce", thinking that it might degrade the relationship to "Truce", but it seemed to stick with "Treaty"; unless I forgot to "Accept" or something, it doesn't look like it is going to work. As to what to do about it, I would vote for (1) Keep the treaty - it will give us very little, if any, trade income (except maybe for Mr. Moneybags) until later in the game, by which time we will hopefully have physically found our other selves.

I'm not sure it is always possible to get the game to keep the human commlinks secret. I just setup a scenario for some other people and checked what seemed to be the appropriate option, but they ended up visible anyway, even though it said "No Contacts" while I was working on it - not that I am anything resembling an expert on that stuff, I could easily have done something stupid. Anyway, having a feel for how much work it is to set up these things (not to mention the time for testing them), I would be the last one to vote for sending it back to Googlie for more work.

I don't think it will be that much different this way than we were imagining; we probably won't be able to get our other half's comm links from Yang if it thinks we already have them, but assuming that we keep track of whose we have and don't have (separately for each of out factions), we can always trade them (ourselves outside the game mechanism if necessary) once we get some contacts between each other.

Comment

2104 to "Lady" Flubber (You need to change that title, man. )

OK, let's just stay with the treaty then.

I'm not sure it is always possible to get the game to keep the human commlinks secret.
              I think I saw in the forums a while ago that there is something in the alpha.txt about this. But I have never toyed with alpha.txt, so I don't know.
              "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Turn to Treehugger Flubber-1 last night.

Comment

Turn 2105 to DataJack Darius

Comment

oh and moneybags has no trade income from the treaty status yet

Comment

2106 to da tree-hugger-man.

I forgot I am playing the Cult, and I destroyed a fungal tower. D'oh!

Comment

2106 to johnd

I wouldn't worry about killing the tower. I am sure you will find lots of worms LOL

Comment

Turn 2106 to DataJack Darius

Comment

2107 to johndmuller

Comment

Turn 2107 to DataJack Darius of the Angels.

Maybe its possible to capture fungal towers? If you could, I would think it would spawn your own brand of native life? Do you recall if it said "capture attempt failed"?

Comment

Working...
                              X