Captain Yang's Crusade - 3 x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And on to Flubber.
    "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

• 2179 to johnd
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 2179 to Darius / Angels

Comment

• 2180 to Flubber.
          "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

• 2180 to johnd

congrats to darius on the CBA
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 2180 to Darius / Angels

{Edit} Forgot to apologize for the reload - program crashed out with terranx.icd.exe (never seen both the suffixes together before, but probably just didn't notice) error when I was scanning through the base view screens to refresh my memory. Fortunately I had saved an intermediate file (for dinnertime), but strange that it would crash so soon after loading, before I had really done anything in that session.
              Last edited by johndmuller; September 11, 2002, 10:46.

Comment

• 2181 to Mr. Flubber.

Comment

• 2181 to johnd

Comment

• program crashed out with terranx.icd.exe
                    The only place I've ever heard of two suffixes together was in reference to a virus. In that case, I believe the second suffix was something more insidious like .vb but, just to be safe, is your anti-virus software up to date?

Mutter, mutter... check my own anti-virus... mutter, mutter

Comment

• 2181 to Darius / Angels.

My virus checker is definitely not up to date, if I even have one on this machine. Didn't you have all sorts of problems with your av software causing interceptor crashes? Are you still getting any of them, or have they fixed that or are you getting used to disabling it whenever you play? Not that it proves anything, but the .icd part is what the suffix of a major part of the program looks like. I don't know what .icd files are, perhaps something to do with compression, copy protection or overlays, but I know that on the NT family of OS's you can have more than 1 dot in the file name; I suppose it just looks at the rightmost to presume its type. Even so, I would have thought that it would have caught my eye at some other time if it always uses that name.

Comment

• 2182 to johnd

Comment

• Twice yesterday I tried to post here to address John's question about antivirus programs, and both times my post was lost.

Yes, my antivirus software (McAfee AntiVirus) is associated with scramble crashes. I have gotten into the habit of turning off the virus program before playing a turn, then turning it back on when the turn is complete.

Comment

• 2182 to Darius / Angels.

Comment

• 2183 to Flubbeidre.

Comment

• 2183 to johnd

Comment

Working...
                                X