Clear All

2143 to XWaste

Comment

2144 to PK

Comment

2144 to XWaste

Comment

2145 to PK.

Another Surper-city bites the dust. Unfortunately there was nothing left to liberate.

Comment

2145 to XWaste

Comment

2146 to Pk

Comment

2146 to XWaste

Comment

2147 to Pk

Comment

I would be interested in some feedback as to how the Progenitors work in this game. Are they a threat, a worthy competitor, or just a cheap source of techs?

Opinions, please, and perhaps a save (for example after buster's next turn).

Comment

• 2147 to XWaste

Comment

• 2148 to Jacques

Re progenitors they do pack some punch. Caretakers are way strongest faction on powerchart in this game. Usurpers are still strong but quickly loosing (to me) and will break soon. Now when planes are on the scene I suspect it wont be long.

They are easy probe targets of course and help to speed up tech progress.

Personally I would actually prefer to play without them for following reason:

To begin with they are so strong that it is suicidal to attempt a landing on their continent.

As time goes their advance shrinks. They do have an obscene amount of units though. What I guess will happen generally is that the first player who gets strong enough to take up the fight will attack. If succesfull he will by gained cities and territory now having gotten very much stronger.
                        (This is also how it seems to be going in this game).

Of course the others may want to jump on the bandwagon at this time but it takes time to build up a warmachine and get momentum.

An AI faction will never for long be a real competitor. So I guess the focus of the game goes somewhat towards getting your probes out, getting a warmachine going and getting a successful campaign going. The one(s) who manage this well will almost certainly be the winners.

This means that the game becomes a probe/millitary style game. Especially as Aliens being locked in vendetta there is no way to get along with them and as with this setup there is very limited land.

It could be interesting in this fashion - possibly restricting human factions to Hive, Sparta, Believers and Drones or Angels.
                        Builder factions/players will get left in the dust with mixed players and this setup I think.

Angels (which I am playing) are pretty well suited for this game too as there are lots of probe targets which are still researching quite fast.

Anyway - my bet is (in this game) usurpers gone by 2170 caretakers by 2190.
                        Winner will be the one who got most of their spoils.

save sent
                        [This message has been edited by buster (edited March 02, 2001).]

Comment

• 2149 to Jacques

Comment

• 2149 to XWaste

And I'd agree with the comments. A builder faction who doesn't beeline for D:AP will miss out on the probing/goodies spoils - and even that won't be enough - will need transports and troops to take over a base, so really must develop from the beginning as a momentum player, which is often counter-culture.

Comment

• 2150 to Jacques

Comment

• 2150 to XWaste

Comment

Working...
                                X