No announcement yet.

Turns of ACT021 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Busta. I won't be back till the 19th. Sorry gang.

Comment

• I'm back, but no game file. Please send.

Comment

• I don't think the game has moved since you went away White Elephants. I certainly haven't received a turn. I'll email Busta to see if he's around ...
        Team 'Poly

Comment

• Well ... I've posted on the board to try to find a replacement player for Bustamike. Sorry to have to do this, as he was very reliable until his holiday, but I think over three weeks is long enough to wait.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

• I sent the turn to our replacement player Simpson II.

Comment

• Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me take this game. Sorry the turn is quite late, in future I should respond slightly quicker.

After the prolonged absence of CEO Bustamike of Morgan Industries, a hostile takeover bid by the new CEO Simpson II passed off today with only minor bloodshed.
              Although the new CEO was extremely busy discussing matters with the base administrations and shouting wildly at former teams, he found time to make some comments exclusively for SimpsonNet on the exciting new direction our faction will be taking.

"The base assemblies are being mothballed immediately. Democracy is a great thing, but the resources needed to maintain the oversight commitees are horrendous. We hope to reinstate them at the appropriate time.
              "We have every hope for peace with our neighbours, and would like to invite all who have not done so - in particular Colonel Misotu - to join us in a treaty of friendship. Also in the spirit of friendship, we hope that Garth Vader will remove the probe-team currently stationed just outside our borders. The new policy certainly does not involve the slackening of our network security."
              "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
              - Samuel Palmer

Comment

• Colonel Misotu extends warm greetings to the new CEO Simpson II. We would like to assure the CEO that a treaty of friendship between our peoples could be signed tomorrow - but only if the benefit is shared equally between our peoples.

Sadly, the previous incumbent felt it appropriate to attempt to bully the Spartans into a treaty with no compensation whatsoever. This is simply not acceptable, and we will not be bullied.

If you have a sensible proposal to make, then you will find us to be willing negotiators.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

• Turn 2157 to Misotu.

As I was saying to the Colonel when the comm-link became garbled, I can guarantee that the Spartan Federation will recieve absolutely no less than they are due in terms of all the benefits of a peace treaty.
                  Of course, the Spartan people are not so skilled in such trades as we Simpsonites... however, my people are far less skilled in the art of Vendetta than the Colonel's. If she wishes to reach an agreement which would reduce the penalties of both sides, then I would be delighted to hear of it.
                  - Samuel Palmer

Comment

• The Spartans, too, are having trouble with the commlink. While it is generally adequate for our usual messages ("Die Whinging Wasters", "We Spit on Your Commune", "Your Networks have been Nuked" and that sort of thing) it is surprisingly inadequate for more delicate negotiations requiring several sentences.

We would point out to the CEO that, while his commercial skills are certainly unmatched, rich treaty revenues are dependent on the good will of the other party to the agreement. You could certainly expect to gain 1 energy per base *more* than we would from any treaty - a significant advantage once this energy has been fed through your no doubt excellent infrastructure.

In view of this, our diplomats will seek a private meeting to discuss how best to compensate the Spartan people for this inequity ...

2157 sent to Garth.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

• Hmm, I didn't read when I got my first turns after the break. I guess I should do so from now on.
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• Turn to Simpson II late last night.

Comment

• Turn 2158 to Misotu.
                          - Samuel Palmer

Comment

• 2158 sent to the Believers.
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

• Turn to Gaians yesterday.

I have to get back into the habit of posting my notices again!
                              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• Me too! Turn to Morgan late last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X