newbie PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 2122 to Darius.

I don't know what to do about the end-game bug. It's pretty obvious that the Spartans have some nice territory, and if Darius knows where MJ is because of the bug, then it could be rather unbalancing. Also the seeding has been awful this game, so I would be willing to start again. What does Stuntman19 think?
    "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
    - Samuel Palmer

Comment

I hadn't checked the thread for a while, do to my early demise. I received the e-mail from Darius about more problems with bugs in the game other than the ones I was having. If a new game is decided on I would be up for that, but no pressure here to do a restart.

Comment

Turn 2121 sent to prov Simpson

I don't know about restarting. Darius catching a glimpse of the map isn't something i'm that worried about. But if these errors are from problems specific to the DNSS game, i think it would be worth restarting.

Comment

Turn 2122 to S2

It happend again. On the password screen i clicked 'save and exit' instead of OK. After cancelling back, my turn was forfiet, so i replayed.

I posted my last message before reading the previous two. It seems DNSS has been a source of frustration for all of us. I'm for a restart.

Comment

I've passed 2123 to Darius, but it looks like the concensus is for a restart. Same factions, settings? If so Darius might create so that he can play his turn at that point.

They really should have done better than this, in keeping the game bug-free. To think there isn't even going to be another patch.
            - Samuel Palmer

Comment

SII:

My question would be whether the bugs might be specific to the game generators v4 patch, as original
              smac had no PBEM\hotseat format. I've heard from others this could be a problem. I bring this up merely to avoid another several weeks time invested in a possible bugged game. I'm no expert, as DNSS was my first MP, but have since generated 3 other games that have had minimal problems. One with Nigel is in turn 2155 and only trouble has been one already moved unit file for him in very early turn. The other 2 zero problems so far. Anyway, might be something to consider whether Darius has had similar bug problems in generated games, and have someone different generate?

Comment

Since Stuntman has had successful games, how about he generates and sends the game to Darius; same settings, same factions?

Comment

OK, that sounds sensible. Fire away, Stuntman.
                  - Samuel Palmer

Comment

I agree. Go ahead and start a new game, Stuntman. No need to send it to me, just send it to the next player.

(Sorry I haven't checked here for a few days. I prefer to communicate directly with each other by e-mail.)
                    "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

• I agree. Go ahead and start a new game, Stuntman. No need to send it to me, just send it to the next player.

(Sorry I haven't checked here for a few days. I prefer to communicate directly with each other by e-mail.)
                      "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

• I agree. Go ahead and start a new game, Stuntman. No need to send it to me, just send it to the next player.

Comment

• I have generated a new game, same factions and settings. I sent the first turn to Darius about an hour ago. Hopefully all well proceed smoothly.

Comment

• Turn 2101 played and sent to Nigel. No problems so far.

Comment

• Since we have a new game, i figure we should have a new tracking thread. I'll start Turns of DNSS.
                              [This message has been edited by Nigel (edited September 04, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X