PBEM: Heart of Fire GM needed, and rules discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barinthus
    I've been playtesting all day and the map still needs some more tweaking. This group will make me or break me as a CMN so I want to do a good job .
    Don't worry about, it'll take obscene favouritism or serious stupidity before anyone here will disrespect you. I doubt that either will happen so you'll be just fine.

As for making you as a CMN, I think the main thing is how long you've been doing it and how active you are. Ofcourse from what I've observed everyone seems to always have a soft spot for any of their CMNs.

Comment

• Thanks for the info on how to disable Empath Guild - I already did it last night. I appericate the thought although.

Originally posted by Kody
      serious stupidity
      That on my part, I'm concerned about ha. I was concerned that you guys might won't like the map I designed.

However, I worked on the map some more and playtested it a bit - I now feel better about it.

I'm pretty much ready to release the game. Unfortunately I'm just about to leave for work so I won't be able to send the first turn until I come back tonight. Alas, I have a commitment after work which means I won't be back until later than my usual time.

Seems you folks are all set, right? If you are, whoever's playing Gaians, keep an eye out for the first turn file by around 10pm (20:00) at GMT -8.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Who's next on the list? In other words, who should I send the turn to after I play it?
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• This is the playin' order (At least, if SMAC version 5.0 has a fixed faction order as well).

HongHu: Gaia's Stepdaughters xxhhu003@mchsi.comxx
          GeoModder: Human Hive xxGeoModder@hotmail.comxx
          Minute Mirage: University of Planet xxminutemirage@hotmail.comxx
          Jamski: Morgan Industries xxj_maunders@yahoo.co.ukxx
          Kody: Spartan Federation
          Frankychan: Lord's Believers xxfrankychan0112@hotmail.comxx
          Hercules: Peacekeeping Forces xxcathal.mullaghan@ntlworld.comxx

Didn't find Kody's email.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Noticed that we didn't include the reverse engeering bug. A player may not reverse engeer the rover chasis from probe teams before the rover chasis is discovered.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I think it's funny how certain details keep on popping up .

Reverse engineering - In or Out? You decide.

I take it that submissives are allowed?

Geo is correct, it appears that with SMAC 5.0 the playing order is fixed. However it's possible for me to use SMAX 2.0 to change the playing order but I don't know if there are certain differences regarding balancing issues and bug fixes between SMAC 5.0 and SMAX 2.0.

I don't think I would have to do so but it's possible if I was to go into SMAX 2.0 I might will have to redo the map due not being able to import the scenario.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Reverse engineering is ok, but reverse engineering rover chasis from probe teams is forbidden.

I believe you are right that submissive pacts are allowed.

And I don't have a problem with the play order myself.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Good news - you guys don't have to change your alpha.txt file in order to disable getting comlinks from fellow human players.

According to Googlie, I only need to make changes to my own .txt file and the changes will be carried over to you folks via saved gamefile. There's no need to change your .txt nor will they be changed by the game itself.
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Ok! I'm ready to start!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• So, are we lauched yet?

Anyhow here's two more rules.

A player cannot use colony pod to breach the base population limit without appropriate facility being built.

A player can not set the home base (Control-h) for a unit to be the base of another faction when the diplomatic stance is pact so that the unit will require no support from either faction.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Let's just play PLEASE.

And use the standard PBEM rules as they are in the sticky, ok?

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Ah...

The sticky is GONE.

Let's just play anyway PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Yes, perhaps Barinthus could set up a new turn tracking thread with all the rules we discussed as the first post.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I think he can's say goodbye to his map.

Barinthus, a free tech from Elevea (well, free...) if you start this PBEM within the next 12 hours
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                                whoever's playing Gaians, keep an eye out for the first turn file by around 10pm (20:00) at GMT -8.
                                Well I've been keeping an eye out for the first turn file for some time now.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X