No announcement yet.

PBEM: Heart of Fire GM needed, and rules discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. Of course we can always emailing each other. So this is a test of how good of a boy you all are.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

How about submissive pacts? Or do we have to completely eliminate each of the other opponents?

Also with this setting....

No Scatter "Yes"

I'm guessing that there'll only be pods near our original base site?

Comment

Yes. But wait! If we get the commlink for another faction via pod, wouldn't that technically be legitimate?
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Not only techically, but completely legit.

Its a trust game.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Well, submissive reeks to much to permapact. I prefer to totally obliterate a faction...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Great so there goes my plan of surrendering to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                Yes. But wait! If we get the commlink for another faction via pod, wouldn't that technically be legitimate?
                But if you already have all comlinks in the first place due to the game design, you won't "discover" a comlink via a pod. But since No Scatter is on, there will not be any pods.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

There will be some, but only near the starting bases.

But yes, we will all start with commlinks for all factions anyway

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
                    Great so there goes my plan of surrendering to someone.
                    That was only my opinion, how do the other 5 participants feel about the submissive stuff?

I suppose if joint victory is disabled, that no points will be given to a submissive 'partner'.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

What we can't even surrender now?!

As for commlinks, I thought we decided to disable the initial commlinks.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Ok guess you guys will need to iron out that comlink thing and mmm submissive issue.

Meanwhile I will get started on the map.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

We really should wait until we meet in game or via buying, selling, or trading comm links to meet.

Note this is Smac version 5 game isn't it. Happily I have set up this version in a separate drive already so as not to interfere with my other non Smac V5 games.

Just a warning note for those not familar with the difference. V5 is regarded as the most bug free version. Is that right?
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

The latest versions are supposed to be.

No contact till we meet, or the other options Herc mentions.

And how do people feel about submissive pact?
                            HongHu seems in favor as well, 2-1 thus sofar
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It would be nice to have a few monoliths scattered around the map to compensate for the lack of pods.

Comment

I don't care about submissive. If someone is submissive to me, or if I am submissive to another, I would hope that the other person would honor that pact. If I'm submissive and someone tells me to do something, I'll do it.

In-Favor here.

How do I check to see if I have the latest patch?
                                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X