No announcement yet.

PBEM: Heart of Fire GM needed, and rules discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just discovered their are elections held in a certain PBEM which undoubtedly requires his utmost attention.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• :Sigh: I was this close to releasing the game when I came across a glitch. I had the mission year set to 2100 but somehow throughout the editing process, it got changed to 2101. This affects UoP. I seem can't turn the clock back to 2100...

So, Minute Mirage, check your PM asap.

As for last night, sorry - I was occupied with an unexpected guest.

So, Geo, I guess the offer of a free tech is off?

BTW, Jamski, what did u mean by sticky?
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• No hurry Barinthus. We were just being mean.

As for the 2101 glitch, I remember hearing this before. Perhaps you could check with Googlie or other people who's been CMN before. I'm sure you are not alone.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Thanks, HongHu. However I am anxious to get this thing going so I can get some input from you folks on the map itself and so on.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
            ... I seem can't turn the clock back to 2100...
            I cannot do it also. I am very cautious to keep 2100 year during the whole process of scenario creation. Mostly the following problems may occur:

- Faction bonusses are not loaded. Then all factions need reload, there is an option there.

- Difficulty level is not the same for all factions. Need for all faction set difficulty - an option there, and to be sure in scenario rules "force current difficulty level" should be checked for all factions separately

- Initial Economy-Psych-Labs may be 100-0-0 not 50-0-50. Just correction is needed.

- If any replacing of faction units take place - "cover map" is needed to cover previously uncovered tiles.

- Initial technologies are not triggered, e.g. Gaians do not have their Cent. Eco., just need to do it manually.

- Year should be 2100, in this year only "Hold" orders should be given - no base creation, and passwords should be set. Then players may do their 2101 year, and University can choose its free tech - CMN doesn't need to do it. Really I was never succesful in trying to return to 2100 year from 2101. You probably need to reload some old save...

If I remember any other problem I will write
            Mart
            Map creation contest
            WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Mart7x5, appericate your keeping an eye out for me.

- Faction bonusses are not loaded. Then all factions need reload, there is an option there. All are there

- Difficulty level is not the same for all factions. Need for all faction set difficulty - an option there, and to be sure in scenario rules "force current difficulty level" should be checked for all factions separately Should be ok

Initial Economy-Psych-Labs may be 100-0-0 not 50-0-50. Just correction is needed. Yeah I'll have to correct those myself while setting up passwords

If any replacing of faction units take place - "cover map" is needed to cover previously uncovered tiles. Done

Initial technologies are not triggered, e.g. Gaians do not have their Cent. Eco., just need to do it manually. Checked, all are there

Year should be 2100, in this year only "Hold" orders should be given - no base creation, and passwords should be set. Then players may do their 2101 year, and University can choose its free tech - CMN doesn't need to do it. Really I was never succesful in trying to return to 2100 year from 2101. You probably need to reload some old save... Yep that's my problem right now. I don't really want to reload the older version due to tweakings made in between.
              Last edited by Barinthus; April 22, 2004, 02:09.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Note : use [quote] instead of [i] for quotes

As for that sticky... it seems to have disappeared for some reason

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                  ... I was concerned that you guys might won't like the map I designed. ...
                  Rule No. 1 of Roleplaying Games states:
                  Gamemaster is always right

Rule No. 2:
                  If Gamemaster is not right, see rule no. 1

Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Mart7x5

Jamski, I didn't feel like typing 48 extra letters I would had to if I was to do that quote thing
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• You could try [ q ] and [ /q ]. Not sure if it still works any more though.

[Edit] Looks like it works.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Well, folks, everything seems to have checked out.

I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to launch this PBEM!
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                        X