No announcement yet.

New Multiplayer Game - Peace in Our Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubin has agreed to CMN this game, and anticipates producing a game in the next few days. He'll start a thread and possibly introduce himself etc then.

C
    Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk

But is this not a pure builder race, no army and no probing, just diplomacy? Thats how I understood in anyway.

In which case, I would urge you to go for the believers, since +2 support is very useful whereas -2 economy is cripling for the cult.

I'll send out some PM's re: a CMN shortly.

C
      From what I understood, there'll be a wild card - AI Peacekeepers so I figured that it'd be prudent to have a faction that can at least defend the pacthood. And for me, the best defense is offense
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Believers, cults, angels - doesnt matter to me. I just want to play!

I prefer not to play cycon since I already asked for that faction in one other possible pbem.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

From what I understood, there'll be a wild card - AI Peacekeepers so I figured that it'd be prudent to have a faction that can at least defend the pacthood. And for me, the best defense is offense
          Perhaps you should take closer look to teams list in page 2 DataAeolus - there will be no AI in-game!
          So you wont want to build any nilitary units at all!
          Except those for exploration&mindworms
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Just remember - the Data Angels must have the factions INFILTRATED for them to gain the Techshare, slightly different than the Planetary Datalinks if I remember correctly. They either need to have the Empath Guild or to be permitted to engage in probe team ops just to infiltrate, which I will do my best to destroy.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

The data Angels are currently in my team
              I am Morgan, so the research is good (due to economy), but I promise you Makahlua, and all others that I will do anything, you hear? Anything! To make Angels build Empath Guild!
              It wont hurt our beelines, though, because we have to go first for Crawlers anyway!
              So dont expect us to become weak because of too much trying for Empath Guild!
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Aww, I you guys too, Geo but my poor ego is still smarting...

Ooo, right gotta get thinking on my tech plan!
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Yeah.. women always have problem with ego - in most cases its too low, in others - damn high!

My biology proffesor says that has something to do with hormons - masculine hormon (progesteron I guess ) rises the man's ego, but women dont have much of this hormon, & dont need too - it just ends women having muscles, black hair where it is not needed and rough tembre of voice. I have met some - Im living in former Soviet Union and sports industry still has the hormonal steroids applied to those poor girls..

Comment

Players, I need you to contact me regarding preferred passwords for this game. My e-mail address is: Rubin_Datalinks AT hotmail DOT com

You need to figure out a preferred turn order. This is a 7 player game and you should optimize the turn pace.

I can place each team on a separate island--however, I would not advise such a setup in this game (though factions in a team are placed close to each other). I leave this decision to you and I shall comply with your wishes.

Each team shall start with 2 Colony Pods and a Scout Patrol. The Peacekeepers may get double this amount. I need to know if this is correct.

Finally, I need confirmation on the factions. If all goes well I hope to have the game ready within 48 hours.

Your CMN, Rubin.

Comment

I'm GMT-7
                      About starting locations - whatever you decide it is ok with me
                      faction: Drones
                      password will be in the mail shortly
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest
                      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

GMT -6
                        Starting loc's up to you
                        faction: Angels

PW coming shortly as well

PS binT is offline for the weekend, but he said he'd be back Monday.
                        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

RE: girls and ego - it's all about nuture vs nature. Perhaps a bit of both. But I would say that the society definitely have something to do with this.

Things seem to be improving in that department although. Go, grrrrls!

Anyway... oops about AI faction - I guess I'm Believers then. About starting locations I'm flexible. Overally I'm flexible ha.

Password in email.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Oh yeah you guys probably need to know the following:

email: aeolusdata AT yahoo DOT com

time zone: GMT -8

Perhaps we should arrange players in timezone order? Also as for pact teams, do you want to have their turns next to each other? If so, we might will have to consider re-arranging teams or just accept that we might will not achieve the perfect timezone order?
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Also I just thought of - are we going to have comlinks to our pact mates to start or will I be breaking out the smoke signals?

Re: Ego - yeah no kidding, looka t any commerical if you're not blonde ot thin, you're worthless, they try to say I say

Comment

Seems the Smoke Signals technology should be invented prior to radio

DataAeolus - you were expected to be CyCon.. as Team 1 has no other facs with high research..

My fac is:
                                Morganites
                                My @ is:
                                ivantravkin at hotmail.com
                                Mu pw is:
                                ..coming soon in Rubins PM box..

Bout the arrangement by timezone - Ill ask if Rubin can do it for us

Comment

Working...
                                X