X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes for CMN
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

People paid a lot of money for me one year before this subject, so I´m changing my mind and now my vote is YES!

3.7th player:
      Cosmic - $ YES $
      binTravkin - Yes, if one shows up soon
      DataAeolus - Yes if he doesn't mind 6 facs ganging up on him
      Shawnmcc - No
      Makahlua - ?
      Mart7x5 - Yes, or 6 facs+no AI

So I think we locked this also eh? If someone wants to be the seventh guest, take your seat too!

Now that we talked about it, since we will solve ALL problems using diplomacy, bribe is perfect usable. Sirs, bring your suitcases!

Comment

Poll table edited..

Mart7x5 and Makahlua, we need you votes!

Chaunk youre in!
        Your votes welcome too!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Cool-age Votes below.

1.Pacts allowed:
          Cosmic - No
          binTravkin - Yes
          DataAeolus - No
          Shawnmcc - No
          Makahlua - ?
          Mart7x5 - ?
          Chaunk - I presumed this meant with other teams, in which case, Yes. Otherwise, the empath Guild is hopelessly overpowered with no probing allowed

2.Angels in:
          Cosmic - No
          binTravkin - Yes
          DataAeolus - Yes
          Shawnmcc - Yes
          Makahlua - ?
          Mart7x5 - ?
          Chaunk - If someone wants them

2a.The Planetary Datalinks:
          Cosmic - N/A
          binTravkin - Any Fac/PKs if we're 7
          DataAeolus - Any Fac
          Shawnmcc - Angels (? have I understood you Shawn?)
          Makahlua - ?
          Mart7x5 - ?
          Chaunk - no particullar preference. If we have it in, it may make some people change their beelines for it, which might mean they miss other more important techs. It's six to one, half a dozen to the other.

3. N/A

4.Do we need a CMN?:

Cosmic - ?
          binTravkin - Yes, I changed my mind
          DataAeolus - Yes
          Shawnmcc - Yes
          Makahlua - ?
          Mart7x5 - ?
          Chaunk - Yes
          Play hangman.

Comment

Do you guys think a random map is too bad?

And how about the size? I think Normal is fine. We will play in transcend level.

Comment

1.Pacts allowed with rival teams:
              Yes - this will make game a bit more interesting, but will dilute initial idea of teams

2.Angels in:
              Yes - give them a chance...

2a.The Planetary Datalinks:
              no opinion, as Cosmic decides

3.7th player:
              Mart7x5 - Yes, or 6 facs+no AI

3a.Any AI in-game?:
              Mart7x5 - No

4.Do we need a CMN?:
              let there be a CMN - i rarely see good maps computer generated
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

map size, maybe large, or anything between
                45x90
                and
                65x130
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

1.Pacts allowed with rival teams: Yes
                  2.Angels in: Yes!
                  2a.The Planetary Datalinks: any team other than the Angels, perhaps?
                  3.7th player: Why not?
                  3a.Any AI in-game? Guess we don't need one now
                  4.Do we need a CMN? Absolutely, I'd say - we -need- a created map because too often the computer does crappy ones (esp if you guys want a smaller size) -and- because a CMN can give us balanced starts.

Looks like I'll be playing the Angels since I keep fighting for them ^^ A question though - does Pacted infiltration count for techshare, or only probed infiltration? (Because if not, that knocks them out of the running, and I'd be going Gaian.)

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was AFK all day! And I'm a she BTW

Something else to think about - yea or nay to the Empath Guild? It was disabled in the AC Demo Game for the fact that having that info on all faction for a human was -too- overpowering. IIRC, Googlie assigned it buit to the native life group to get it out of the way.
                  Last edited by Makahlua; March 9, 2004, 20:28.
                  But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                  PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

The Empathy Guild?? Good question.

PEOPLE, LETS GO THE PLANETARY COUNCIL AGAIN!! (I dont know if you perceived, but we already start playing

Yes, I think this Special Project will empower too much any single faction and its team. So my opinion is that we just ignore it.

And about the map, does anyone here have experience in design? HAVE YOU RESEARCHED THE NEEDED TECH??? I can try, but I´m not good doing this.

Hey Maka, you can play with the Angels, no prob. Do as you wish, my lady!

Comment

Why not leave the Empathy Guild in? It means that there is an alternative to the planetary council if you want the infiltration, and it means you have to make hard choices as to which techs/SP's you want. After all, now it's not the just the Human Genome Project, Weather Paradigm, Virtual Word and the Planetary Transit System, with the Merchant Exchange as the afterthought. Adding the Empathy Guild means that there is one more SP for somebody to grab, and that you had better priortize them clearly, especially if we permit no probing at all. The standard opeing of a beeline to Industrial Economics could cause you to lose out on Centauri Empathy. Just a thought.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

FOR CMN!

So here are the results of poll:

1. Pacts allowed: Yes (4/3)
                        2. Angels in: Yes (6/1)
                        2.a The Planetary Datalinks: Any (4-any/2-N/A/1-abstain)
                        3. 7th Player: Yes (5/1/1)
                        3. a AI in game: No (7/0)
                        4. Do we need a CMN?: Yes (6/1)
                        5. The Empath Guild: Yes (4y/1n/2abst)
                        6. Mapsize: Large (all agreed to it, some disagree with huge)

--voting is over

Makahlua, techshare is a global setting and works for even non-spotted facs, and it should not be changed!
                        Last edited by binTravkin; March 11, 2004, 15:07.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Teams ready!

Teams chosen & ready to go!

Team 1:
                          Pirates - Cosmic
                          Angels - Makahlua

Team 2:
                          University Of Planet - Shawnmcc
                          Free Drones - Mart7x5

Team 3:
                          Morgan - binTravkin
                          Believers - DataAeolus

Team 4:
                          Peacekeeping Forces - Chunk

If this type of game will become popular, then in our 2nd game maybe we should make a team of 3 players(while having only 2 in others) which consists only of Low-Tech facs: Hive,Believers,Cha Dawn
                          Last edited by binTravkin; March 10, 2004, 23:14.

Comment

Mapsize: Large/Huge. Preferably huge i think.

EG: Yes.

I'll take the PK's as "Team" 4, unless one of you six wants them instead.

Please note, the solo team doesn't stand much chance, so please don't try and push me off the PK's... thanks!
                            Play hangman.

Comment

Bigger the map, the better.

Empath - why not.

Fac - I already asked for either believers or the cult. If someone want one, I'll take the other one.
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I will play Drones in team with University, already discussed that with Shawn
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X