No announcement yet.

I admit, I'm a sprawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness! Why would you ever want to do that? Tedium to the max!!

Comment

It's okay, Anuk. The first step is admitting you have a problem.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
        Goodness! Why would you ever want to do that? Tedium to the max!!
        (+1)

Comment

ICS is very effective but I would just get bored having the number of bases that continuing the strat would involve
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

When the micromanagement becomes greater than the fun, its time to end it.

Comment

Well, I'm of the opinion that I'd rather finish the game 100 turns earlier than save myself some micromanagement, so I'm pretty aggressive when it comes to plunking down bases. The main reason I like to do it so much is my penchant for running Free Market throughout the game. Each new base I build is one more tree farm, which generates one more Eco-Free mineral per base. If you're going to be borehole farming, you need to have your free mineral limit fairly well uncapped.

Comment

CEO Aaron is right, but some of us stop even as builders, as it can become too much work as you add captured cities as well. At some point you have enough clean minerals to do what ever you want.

Comment

Great when you've got loadsa mines and boreholes and with all the mineral bonus facilities you can pass like 400-500 and just build anything you want in a turn, trying to take out an entire AI continent of 20 big bases with just 5 units
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                  X