Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been playing too much SMAC when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21. You think The Bible is written by Velociryx

Hmmm....if there's ever a SMAC2, you KNOW there's gotta be a sequel book...

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai-Hulud
      71. When you quote Foreman Domai looking absolutely ridiculous
      It is technically not really me looking rediculous, cuz the hair was done in photoshop, the eyes are of CrazyTalk (to make them move) and my mouth sure has some teeth in it .
      Vitaly Belman

Comment

74. When you save the "You know you've been playing too much SMAC when..." - thread for later reference.
        "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
        - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

75. You help design prosmac.

76. You look outside, see the sun, and wonder where the other one is.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

77. When you search for Morgan Bank to try and convert Euros/Dollars into Energy Credits

78. When you start your morning prayer with a "Our Lord Velociryx"

79. When you go out and try to level a mountain to cultivate farms and solar collectors

80. After you finish the "Dream Twister" (plus watch the movie) you cannot sleep for months

81. When you wish your girlfriend looked more like Deidre, Santiago or Aki
            ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
            ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Don't know if anyone will find these funny, but anyway...

When you are looking for a Particle Impactor to take with you as you go past the local church in case the bible-thumpers attending mass pronounce vendetta on you for being a godless democratic/autocratic type, hoping to redeem the souls of your people.

When you flip through TV channels and look through your TV guide expecting the Morganlink 3DVision interview on the Longevity Vaccine to be on.

The next time someone complains about Microsoft being a greedy monopoly you explain to them "They never sought to become a monopoly. Their products were just so good that nobody saw the need to compete with them."

You wire up your computer to the ground and try to upload the entire contents of your hard drive (after collecting encylopedia information on the last 6000 years of human civilization from Encarta) into the 'fragile neural network of the planetmind', explaining to those concerned that you want to start your 'Ascent to Transcendence'.

When over the phone, you start calling people by their name with 'earth' in front of it (ie. Hey earthjohn. How's it going earthjohn? Did you hear about what earthbob did yesterday?)

You blame your insomnia and nightmares on "The Dream Twister".

You wonder why there's no 'golden-age' at the local grammar school, even if the number of high-achieving 'talents' exceed the mediocrity and there are no 'drones' around.

When you go to Scotland, search a local bookshop for "We Must Consent, 101 Sure-fire Pick-up Lines for Lady Dierdre" and then turn up at a nightclub, hoping that she will be there.

You start a search in India for Osama Bin Laden's estranged identical twin brother, hoping that he will help to preserve human rights.

Before enrolling at university, you ask if Prokhor Zakharov is their 'Provost'. Then you ask if they have retroviral capabilities or are researching Retroviral Engineering.

You buy a factory and start looking for genejacks to run it, knowing that the people who complain about you tyrannising them will be remanded to your punishment sphere next-door. Then you look through the phonebook for Sheng-ji Yang, with the intention of calling him to thank him for his 'gift to industry'.

You worry that the foreman of the nearest construction site will start a violent rebellion against the middle and higher classes.

You hire a houseboat, park it out at sea and start searching for your extra mineral gem bonus in the water surrounding it.
              "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
              "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
              "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

When you are looking for a Particle Impactor to take with you as you go past the local church in case the bible-thumpers attending mass pronounce vendetta on you for being a godless democratic/autocratic type, hoping to redeem the souls of your people.
                No that's not funny.
                (Grabs his Plasma Steel Armour suit to go to the Easter service).

The next time someone complains about Microsoft being a greedy monopoly you explain to them "They never sought to become a monopoly. Their products were just so good that nobody saw the need to compete with them."
                Seriously, I thought this were a Gates citation or nearly-citation. Billy Boy playing too much SMAC
                Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus

No that's not funny.
                  (Grabs his Plasma Steel Armour suit to go to the Easter service).
                  I guess not. Perhaps a Plasma shard gun and Photon Wall armour suit. Personally, I'd take my tamed boil of mindworms if it were to be true (I know the difference between reality and SMAC thank you).

Seriously, I thought this were a Gates citation or nearly-citation. Billy Boy playing too much SMAC
                  What I was referring to with the one saying "They never sought to become a monopoly. Their products were just so good that nobody saw the need to compete with them." was actually a reference to what Nwabudike Morgan says in the Network Backbone secret project movie:

"Of course we'll bundle our MorganNet software with the new network nodes; our customers expect no less of us. We have never sought to become a monopoly. Our products are simply so good that no one feels the need to compete with us."
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I guess not. Perhaps a Plasma shard gun and Photon Wall armour suit.
                    Nice of you to think that I'm so far advanced in technology against your particle impactor Actually being in a church gives +2 in Morale. Didn't you know that? Miriam goes terribly wrong in that respect.

Hey, we're in a thread "You know you've been playing too much SMAC when ..."

What I was referring to with the one saying "They never sought to become a monopoly. Their products were just so good that nobody saw the need to compete with them." was actually a reference to what Nwabudike Morgan says in the Network Backbone secret project movie:
                    I know. But I thought exactly this reasoning might be taken from one of the Microsoft apologies about being a monopoly. It's very much their style, anyway.
                    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                      21. You think The Bible is written by Velociryx

Hmmm....if there's ever a SMAC2, you KNOW there's gotta be a sequel book...

-=Vel=-

Now would that be the new new testament?
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You refer to dancing as "Shakin' Your Nwabudike".
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                        X