• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankychan
    Disciples of Yang:

Alinestra Covelia
    Lazarus
    HongHu
    Frankychan

....anymore? We be kicking it, Hive-style up in this mutha frizzin hiz-ouse!
    Count me in! tEh HiVe PoWeRzZZzZZ!!!11!!!!

Reasons why I should be disciple of yang:

My favorite DVD set: Alien quadrilogy
    My favorite Video Game race: Zergs
    My favorite B Movie: Starship troopers
    My fvorite SciFi Book: Ender's game
    My favorite SMAC faction: TeH HiVES!!!11111!!

Humans aren't set up for a hive-mind... and to attempt to create one?

Foolishness.

STFU N00b OmG OmG!!!11!! You sO NoT R0x0r!!1!! j00 R just JeaOus CaUzE tEh HiVe r TeH L337 HaX0rZZZZZ
    :-p

Comment

Heh... just because SOME of us don't need mind-control and brainwashing to get followers is no reason to toss insults.

*grin*

Some of us like our followers to be intelligent enough to survive without five or six thousand friends.

*winks and skips off*
      Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
        "bring it on, I can shout even louder in agony"
        Classic.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Zero-lol, you are pretty crazy man.

I still think Yang's utopian society is far better than...say....the Spartans or the University. His vision and dream seems far more altruistic than Morgan's.

As I said before and numerous times, give me Yang any day.

1 voice is ignored, 1 million aren't.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Crimson-I never figured you as a Morganite. How the heck do you play him without having the other's extort you? I tried playing him as a pure, pacifist builder and by 2200 I was at war with EVERYONE else!
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

It's damn hard. You can sometimes bribe people to not attack you. But usually I also end up at war with almost everyone. And that -1 Support is a royal pain in the butt for people like me who like to maintain huge armies. I usually go Police State - Free Market - Wealth but that, of course, exacerbates the at-war-with-everyone-else situation.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

How the heck do you play him without having the other's extort you? I tried playing him as a pure, pacifist builder and by 2200 I was at war with EVERYONE else!
                Try not to play Morgan as you play Yang

When playing Yang you can afford war easily early on. Actually, in many cases, you'll be wanting that. But Morgan is one faction that can really benefit from commerce income and...they are terribly weak in the beginning. Actually, in SP, I'll do pretty much anything I can to avoid early conflict. It's well worth it to bribe other factions into treaties. The immediate cost is payed off by commerce transactions and valuable savings in war efforts.

But when the cash starts to tumble in - you'll be happy you chose Morgan Industries
                "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
                - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

I don't per se dislike Yang, but in SP he isn't much of a challenge, like Diedre and the University. Take advantage of his immunity to further inefficiency and play the tradional Police/Planned. I always beelined for the Cloning Vats, but now that you can pop boom him...

Lal is pretty straight foward, and the Spartans are a little tough. Morgan is easy if you play huge maps, but I've never tried him on a small one, that could be rough. I'm playing Miriam on a large map of planet, starting in one of the poorer spots on the map, the SW corner of the inland sea. It's piss poor until you get terraforming, and playing Miriam...
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

1 voice is ignored, 1 million aren't.
                    Reverse Stalin quote no?
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

One million voices may not be easy to ignore, but one intelligent rebel is all it takes to start a revolution you can't put down.

Remember, those of you adhering to brutality policies... Brutality forments discontent, and while you may have an iron grip, we are the grain of sand that slips through your finger, slips into your boot, and gets VERY annoying.

Then we grow teeth and nibble on your toes, so fear us, please?
                      Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Reverse Stalin quote no?
                        Variant thereof. Good reference.

1 death is a tragedy, 1 million...a statistic.

Comment

Shai-I tried playing Morgan how he's supposed to be played (bribe everyone not to attack me) but it doesn't work. The AI usually starts asking for more creds than I have saved.

...but I don't like getting extorted for my funds so I guess Yang is good enough for me.

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit this, being a SMAC fan from the day the demo went online, let alone the game went on the shelves...

...but I have never, not once, played as Yang. Miriam either. I just found it too... distasteful. I've at least given it a good college try with all the other human factions, including SMACX, but I just think I'd get somewhat depressed if I tried to roleplay as someone so antithetical to my every belief...
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              I'm ashamed to admit this, being a SMAC fan from the day the demo went online, let alone the game went on the shelves...

...but I have never, not once, played as Yang. Miriam either. I just found it too... distasteful. I've at least given it a good college try with all the other human factions, including SMACX, but I just think I'd get somewhat depressed if I tried to roleplay as someone so antithetical to my every belief...
                              There are people on Planet who do not believe in the immortal word of Chairman Yang?

Not for long
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

WHAAAAT?!!!!!

How can someone NOT play Yang?! He is the shining light of SMAC.

(of course...I haven't played as Miriam so that's understandable)

Comment

Working...
                                X