Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yang is a fraud

We all know this quote by heart:

What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
    --Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang
    "Essays on Mind and Matter"

But notice that when you eradicate the Hive and Yang goes into his punishment sphere, he screams. It seems that he cannot "take control of the input". If he can't, who can expect his followers to? Or something.
    Yes
    54.05%
    No
    45.95%
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Yep, he's a woss like all of us.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's propoganda put out to try and break the spirits of his followers ... but we shall not falter ! the chairman will be released
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Yang has excellent pain endurance, trust me. It is not so much not to scream when you are in pain, it is how you control your mind when you are in pain. Don't let the appearance of a screaming man deceive you ...

Suddenly the shadow exploded into motion, and a black serpent crossed the distance to Yang in a heartbeat. Yang felt red hot wires of pain lace his neck, and he fell to his knees, cursing the post-sleep weakness that dulled his reflexes.
        Psych-whip, a part of him thought calmly. They have been in the armory. And then he smiled as the pain intensified...he welcomed it, opened himself to it, letting it dance on his nerves and dissolve into his spine. Pain, awaken me….
        "We mean you no immediate harm, but I know of your special talents. You must follow my instructions. Do not speak. Crawl along the blue lines."
        He looked at the blue dots on the floor, his head still swimming. His eyes flickered up to one corner of the room, a zone of darkness with the vague sense of a metal bulkhead curving. In that darkness he could imagine the bland silvery eye of the security camera staring down at him, but it could not see into the far corner, where the blue dots lead.
        He felt the muscles tighten along his back. He felt the cool metal floor beneath his hands.
        Abruptly, he stood. Electric tension jolted across the room as shredder pistols twitched to follow him. He could smell the uncertainty...should we fire?...and it had the metallic tang of fear.
        He took one slow pace along the blue dots, shuffling as if from fatigue, and then every muscle in his body exploded backward toward his cryocell as a yell from the bottom of his lungs split the darkness. One roll and he reached back over his head to take the black metal lockbox into his hands...no wasted motion, no wasted time. He had already seen the action in his mind. And then...
        From Journey to Centauri. There were more, but I wouldn't bore everybody with it.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Unfortunately for him, the data was force fed. He neglected to consider that possibility.
          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Data is always force fed. Read it again.

you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
            And then he smiled as the pain intensified...he welcomed it, opened himself to it, letting it dance on his nerves and dissolve into his spine. Pain, awaken me….
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yang does not scream!
              Option 1:
              It is a computer generated screaming resembling his voice. It is played at the time of the incarceration so that his capturers would not be frustated that he can`t make Yang feel pain. This is done for the purpose of propaganda.

Option 2:
              A michrochip has been installed in his body that takes control of his vocal chords, facial muscles, lungs and jaw, forcing him to scream even if he doesn`t want to, just zo show him that he is defeated.

additional theories welcome!
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yang got a .96 on the Atherholt Trauma Function test, meaning his tolerance to pain is ridiculously high for human standards, but not perfect. All they had to do was raise the pain level of the punishment sphere to more than ridiculously high.
                Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

According to Spaceballs logic, that would be Ludicrously High.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I don't consider Yang a fraud because he genuinely believes his philosophy.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                      It is not so much not to scream when you are in pain, it is how you control your mind when you are in pain. Don't let the appearance of a screaming man deceive you ...

Doesn't the guy in the virtual world movie scream until he "takes control of the input"?
                      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Don't waste your precious energy to reshape your physical reaction. Then your mind will be free ...

I'd scream, I'd cry ... But you'll never be able to crash me.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Curse, those females and their superior pain tolerance.

*shudders at the thought Yang is a female in disguise*
                          Promoter of Public Morale
                          Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Perhaps Yang has the sort of training I have.

Why bother in futility to fight a feeling which is inevitable? Why resist it if you gain nothing by doing so?
                            Would it not be better to accept the feeling, and let yourself be based around it, rather than waste your time trying to fight against it?
                            (Of course I try to fight the bloody pain if I feel I have something that needs to be done but if I'm sitting in a sphere I can't do very much can I?)

Rather than fighting the pain, fight yourself, and control yourself so that you can take the pain.
                            Make it so, that pain no longer bothers you. Let it be a part of you, and you a part of the pain.
                            Do not ignore, accept. Acceptance is superior to ignorance.

Accept the pain and fight its source. That's my strategy. I see FAR too many people doing things the other way around...

Comment

Maybe Yang is screaming the death cry on behalf of the Hive's collective consciousness?

Comment

Working...
                              X