No announcement yet.

Poll: Who is the Hottest Chick in SMAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose that would depend on whether you're five or five hundred years after Planetfall, wouldn't it?
    Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

No, seriously, she looks like Captain Janeway for Star Trek: Voyager.

Damn, without even voting, I think I've geekified myself already.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        First of all, Deirdre's voice accent is not Scottish. I don't know what the hell it is, but it's definitely not Scottish. The Firaxian talent scouts found a nice exotic accent for her, I'll admit it sounds good and gentle, but it has clearly never been anywhere near 200 miles of Glasgow. (Not that that's a bad thing.)

Secondly, don't judge Miriam by her in-game illustrations. When you meet her over the commlinks, several of the mini-window biographical photos show her to be a feisty, active, and attractive young woman like the rest of us. The manual also says that she is a charismatic leader - something the "Journey to Alpha Centauri" story reinforces. That means she gets people motivated and gets them doing stuff.

Deirdre is a vegetarian. Ever noticed how you never need a sign or T-shirt to identify the vegetarian in the group? That's right. Vegetarians are usually the ones who have just farted. But if that turns you on...

And Santiago always struck me as the sort who would eat her mate afterwards.
        Where do I begin with this? Freakin hilarious.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Starfarer
          I suppose that would depend on whether you're five or five hundred years after Planetfall, wouldn't it?
          they all use some type of rejuvenator machine each ten years - as ingame story tells. After 500 years they may be still 'in shape'
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

yes, but she certainly isn't 40 anymore after abhout a hundred years on Planet, now is she?

And wouldn't Miriam consider such a thing godless, being as it reverses God's will?
            Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Nah, it could be argued that it is God's Will that Miriam ended up on Chiron and made available the technology to extend her lifespan so she can do what she's supposed to do.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

But by THAT logic, isn't it also God's will that, say, Zakharov ended up on PLanet to provide everyone else with high technology with which they might come closer to God?

And does anyone else notice that Miriam's like, schizo when it comes to teleporters?

When you get a Psi Gate, she's all "go through, my Children! God said it's fine!" but when you use a Bulk Matter transmitter, she's all "GOD HATES THIS TECHNOLOGY! YOU'LL LOSE YOUR SOUL!"

Just yet antoher reason not to like Miriam... she's friggin' nuts.

Comment

Best. Post. Ever.

I can actually hear her voice saying that!
                  Last edited by Frankychan; February 19, 2004, 03:50.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Starfarer
                    But by THAT logic, isn't it also God's will that, say, Zakharov ended up on PLanet to provide everyone else with high technology with which they might come closer to God?
                    People in general have this tendency to expand upon things that serves their interest and ignore things that contradict their interest. I don't see why Miriam would be any different. She can say that she's the servant of the Lord and that Zakharov or whoever is an abomination in the eye of the God therefore must be hauled off to a punishment sphere until he repents. Even if he repents, he's still an abomination so it's etched into his DNA so in the sphere, he stays.

Religious people can be so irrational.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Seriously, does anyone think that Miriam looks like Janeway from Voyager?

Comment

• No way, MysticWind. Sorry

I can accept Reba McEntire although.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• FOUL SLANDER! She does NOT look like Reba!

well, unless Reba were like, eighty, had gotten overweight, and had smashed her face repeatedly into a wall to attain "The Wisdom that God Gave Me."

Ahem. I guess I'm biased.

Comment

• All are physically fit. None would be the least bit fat. As members of the crew, it would be required of Miriam and Deirdre. It could only be expected of Corazon.

Sister Miriam Godwinson:
                            DOB: 4 April 2014 (Aries). Age at Unity launch ~46.
                            Height: 168.6 cm = 5' 6-3/8"
                            Weight: 55.2 kg = 121.7 lb

Lady Deirdre Sky:
                            DOB: 28 May 2025 (Gemini). Age at Unity launch ~35.
                            Height: 170.1 cm = 5' 7"
                            Weight: 52.2 kg = 115.1 lb

Colonel Corazon Santiago:
                            DOB: 5 November 2026 (Scorpio). Age at Unity launch ~34.
                            Height: 171.8 cm = 5' 7-5/8"
                            Weight: 56.8 kg = 125.2 lb
                            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

• Darnit, I wanna call her a frumpy fundamentalist, and none of you can stop me! I'll paste her head onto pictures of naked femle sumo wreslters!

If there are such things...

Comment

• female sumo? someone from japan could help here. i thought it's kinda sport for men only
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest
                                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                                X