MY-2203 (real) Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2203 (real) Planning & Execution Thread

Just o-pened the turn (will start the turnplay in about 6 hours or so)

Lost some forests near Bunker-112, and the Gaians killed off our IoD heading off their coast

Note that the Gaians have level 10 fusion weaponry!!

Here's an extract from the startturn info
    Attached Files

Where there other units on board of that IoD ?
    no sig

Comment

Where there other units on board of that IoD ?
      I don't think so.

Did we sail the IoD through Yang's base radius? If so, then that was our mistake. I'm guessing that the Angels found us out through their infiltration of Yang.

So, important things to do this turn:
      • Begin building pressure domes in Red Fungus and Rio Grande.
      • Switch to Green economics.
      • Begin military production in many cities (especially TwoNuts Strand and the Southern Arcadia cities). I suggest focusing on fighters, bombers, and especially some SAM-rovers. We need to get secure defensively first.
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter

I don't think so.
        Correct - it was just journeying north to pick up some troops

Did we sail the IoD through Yang's base radius? If so, then that was our mistake. I'm guessing that the Angels found us out through their infiltration of Yang.
        I hid it in fungus last turn - it wasn't visible to anyone looking at the Yang base. My guess is that the Gaians are regularly patrolling that canal between their and Yang's continents

Comment

Problem:

I opened the turn this morning, and saved it after doing the screenie, as ACDG-3 - Sparta, 2203start

Now I can't open it with the password

Can anyone else?
          Attached Files

Comment

I can still open the turn. Would you like me to play it?
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Management stuff completed:
              • Switched to GREEN economics.
              • Did Lots of Base Management stuff (to be elaborated upon later).
              • Made lots of build order decisions (to be elaborated on later).

So far I haven't done anything irreversible.

Comment

Here's the attached save. Maybe you can open this one, Googlie?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey, yes - I can open it!!

Comment

I have a feeling we'll be able to exploit a few more sunspot-years again...
                    no sig

Comment

Won't the lack of year progress not also mean sea levels won't rise?
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hmm - the question is, how do we hide that huge invasion force from Gaian and Angels' eyes?

If we sail thru Styx, then we'll be visible to anyone looking at Hive bases

Any takers for a quick attack on the Hive to get those 4 nearby bases (where we can park the invasion force and be immune to Angels and gaian Prying eyes)?

(Or at least, Great Collective)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do we want to commit our 3 drop probes to this tile - and cover them with every interceptor we have in range (5, I think)

It's the only weak spot amongst the Gaian sensor array, and not within am Aerospace's cover

The probes are all Elite, with 3 mp's, and there are 2 bases that would be within striking range next turn

Next question:

Should we attack that size 14 base (The Flowers Preach) with our X-noodle, and halve its population? If we did both, it'd be a kamikazi mission for it as we couldn't supply interceptor protection to that as well as the 3 probes.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Googlie; February 5, 2006, 22:32.

Comment

Zeiter - I'm hesitant to do anything official lest my lockout problem re-occur

Can you be the official turnplayer this time round?

(Note - if you change the engineers in AU to thinkers, we accelerate our next tech from five to 4 turns)

The Hive "mini-attack" has my vote - we need to shield those troops from prying Gaian eyes

Comment

Turn finished and posted in turn-tracking thread.

Here's a screenie of eastern Hiveland post-Hive-Mini-Invasion:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X