Sparta-Angel relations part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuy3
    I just thought up something, although its a crazy idea you guys might wana mull over it.
    Yes this is an interesting idea. I'm not so sure they are willing to give up their independence, but it seems only proper to surrender before being completely annihalated.

Comment

On another note, any speculations on what the Angel rule question could be about? What choices can they possibly have? It's either defend or die.

My guess is that it is a "tactical" question, ie they are mulling through combat scenarios a couple of years ahead, wondering if we will be allowed to MC their bases. Perhaps they are considering what to do with Mart Pact. (obliterate it? Nah, they wouldn't ....)

BTW (edit): I entered that discussion half to confuse them. Obviously we hadn't given this issue any thought at all, so giving them the impression that we had strong interests in it is usually a good idea

Comment

If what Maniac says is right, and there is a bug that alows you to "skip" the game mechanics to mind control a base, one can only be glad they brought it up. After all it would be the Angels trying to do weird probe actions, not us... We simply go and break stuff.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Whatever, we don't care much about that rule:
          - we have already infiltrated them!
          - They have no tech interesting us anymore (and hopefully we get PSA before them! )
          - Mindcontrolling one of their bases would be much too expensive for us (I asked our probe how much to MC MartPact when it was already empty: more than 1000 credits!! )
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
            On another note, any speculations on what the Angel rule question could be about? What choices can they possibly have? It's either defend or die.

My guess is that it is a "tactical" question, ie they are mulling through combat scenarios a couple of years ahead, wondering if we will be allowed to MC their bases. Perhaps they are considering what to do with Mart Pact. (obliterate it? Nah, they wouldn't ....)
            QFT?!

Comment

In other news, the Angels are now at war with the Hive as well!
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Do the Angels know that we have infiltrated them? They can know that we have stolen a tech from them MMI, but they cannot know that we have also infiltrated them.

So do you think they think we only stole that critical tech (MMI) and left infiltration be? We'd need to have two probe teams nearby and there was only one free space on the transport ...

They also mentioned infiltration in that rule question thread, and now they seem to be mocking us about it in the soldiers log thing.

Any thoughts?

Comment

pretty sure they know about it. Come on, we couldn't have left them uninfiltrated if we had the chance.
                  -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

Originally posted by wuy3
                    pretty sure they know about it. Come on, we couldn't have left them uninfiltrated if we had the chance.
                    We might have if there was a key tech available for us to steal which could enable our invasion of them, such as the MMI. I don't think they're certain. I think they're really trying to get us to slip up in the general forums But maybe not. In any case I don't think we should confirm anything for them.

Comment

I agree

Obfuscation is the new Cryteia credo

Comment

Working...
                      X