No announcement yet.

MY 2164 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, what did our noodles destroy in Morgania this turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
      In that case, I would try one of the three Rolling Moist tiles directly neighbouring Sparta Command. If that does not work, go for Olympus Academy 98 (NumPad directions).
      Those tiles are above 1000 metres height. And you can't build boreholes on tiles that have a lower elevation level: between 0 and 999 metres.

If that is bad, take either Vladivostok 23 or Gythium Harbor 23. In that last case preferring Vladivostok, as long as it has the food to work a Borehole.
      Both bases lack a nutrient surplus to support a borehole. Actually, we've got very few bases who still have a decent surplus. Usually in my own games in this stage of the game I focus on getting more nutrients (tree farms, condensers...) to popboom, and then when popbooming has been done and when there isn't a shortage of nutrients anymore, then start building boreholes. However I know you've been asking for boreholes for a long time, so perhaps it would be better if someone else with SMAX could have a look if they can find a suitable spot for a borehole.

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
      By the way, what did our noodles destroy in Morgania this turn?
      Two formers... There aren't any juicy targets in sight.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        Usually in my own games in this stage of the game I focus on getting more nutrients (tree farms, condensers...) to popboom, and then when popbooming has been done and when there isn't a shortage of nutrients anymore, then start building boreholes.
        I in turn make lots of Forests and population comes almost exclusively from buildings (Tree Farm, Hybrid Forest). I basically let the Forests grow and add Boreholes to almost all bases - even if not for direct use. However, we have too few Forest tiles to support the growth this way, so making Farms does seem more apropriate at the moment.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
          However, we have too few Forest tiles to support the growth this way
          In Arcadia this would work perfectly, especially since we've already got children's creches in a couple bases. However of course tree farms are expensive and with the Morganic war... Ah, the eternal dilemma of guns versus butter...
          Attached Files
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Fort Sup already has "good" production. As long as it can support it without starving, no additions are necessary, I think. Can the other bases support Boreholes? The Rocky tile near Argos looks soooo goood.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
            X