X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2162 Planning Thread

Morgan now has the turn so we can expect it within 48 hours

Unit moves
    • Hermes moves into 2NS southern bay and picks up the Crypteia from there and then proceeds east towards Iaca Base
    • Rolling Thunder II and the shadowing longstrider move into the fungus at the Rio Roja western source, the longstrider movign downriver to2NS to take up probe defense there and the RT2 going to trawl the fungus for mindworms
    • SC2's B-6 heads south to the fungus south of MT looking for Hive units that may be hiding there - finisg=h turn at MT
    • RG's B-6 to sweep west into Buster Ocean, returning to craterwest at the end of its turn
    • Elite Missile Rover at the monolith north of Sparta Command to head south to MT to be part of the Yang invasion squad
    • FS's Longstrider will go to Fort Liberty
    • Craterwest's Crypteia will assume defensive duties there
    • AU's crawler will work the mine southwest of the base
    • Vladivostok's crawler will work the mine to its northeast, freeing up the worker there for farming/mineral work on the adjacent tile
    • The Disco Volante will veer southwest and look for pods to pop - with a supercrawler in the build at Iaca just in case
    • Pegasus will round that small promontory NW, N and then NE to rendezvous with the Heimdall which meantime will close the gap as much as possible by heading S, then SW as much as it can thru the fungus
    • The Unity Rover will run upriver to cut the corner to the Heimdall unless it encounters Gaian border stakes
    • Iaci Base Coastguard Cutter will head south to rendezvous with the Invincible for Arcadia ocean patrolling
    • Invincible will spend the turn healing at UN Great Refuge
    • The GeneralTacticus will limp 5 squares west towards AU for a refit and repair at the naval yards there
    • Njord and Vladimorei will team up and head for 23:5 and , respectively, shell the forests at 24:8 (1/2/3 to Argi Narnia) and at 22:8 (1/4/3 for Whohabitat)
    • Aarvak moves to the Straits of Thebes (east of the V V mine) - it can be a ferry between the 2 continents
    • Tomcat SCW-1 moves on to a crater rim tile and commences a forest there

2162 rushes:
    • The Aerospace Complex at OA (will be 13 minerals short - around 41 or 42 ec's)
    • Possibly the crawlers at GH (10 ec's) and Ironholm (25 ec's)
    • Possibly the Holotheater at Fort Soup (using the crawler-prototype-retire manoever
    2162 Production
    • Impact Needlejets at Fort Buster, Rio Grande, Santiago Citadel and Vladivostok
    • Holotheater at Fort Soup
    • Hoplite at Iaci Base
    • Another Crypteia at Sector CraterWest (for CraterSouth)
    • Another crawler at Arcadia University (to use for shipbuilding, or Treefarms)
    • That leaves 2 Nuts Strand - what to build there? A Former?

Comment

Great list.

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Another Crypteia at Sector CraterWest (for CraterSouth)
      Why do we need a Crypteia at SC4?

Q: will we only build B-4s or also a couple more B-6s?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        Why do we need a Crypteia at SC4?
        Good question - is that more vulnerable to probe action than any other of our bases without probe defenders? (and what should we do about them?):

I've * the ones where I think we might be most vulnerable to enemy probe action

Sparta Command
        Fort Buster*
        Fort Liberty (building 1, but getting Fort Soup's next turn)
        Fort Superiority*
        Iaci (getting 1 from 2NS)
        Ironholm*
        Olympus Academy
        Santiago Citadel
        Sector Cratersouth*
        Sector Craterwest* (completing this year)

Q: will we only build B-4s or also a couple more B-6s?
        If it's not too expensive to rush, I'd go for B-6's in the bigger minerals bases, but isn't it quantity we're after right now, for interdiction duties, then quality later, for base attacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
          Good question - is that more vulnerable to probe action than any other of our bases without probe defenders? (and what should we do about them?):
          I'd say except for Iaci and Fort Soup, none of the bases you mention are vulnerable to probes. After all, they're all 2 or more tiles inland, so the only way they could be reached without us noticing is with elite probe teams. But the Corporation doesn't have those.

Besides, personally I'm more a fan of a proactive instead of reactive probe defence. This means not stationing lots of Crypteia in every base, but patrolling certain chokepoints with B-4s, coastguards and laser cruisers. Eg to defend against the Corporate Gators coming from the west, patrol the Laconian Gulf and the straits NW of Messena. I drew a picture of it a while ago - can't find it though. In the end I think such a defense would cost us less in minerals than buildings lots of Crypteia - and those units (noodles and ships) have other uses besides simply defending against probes.

If it's not too expensive to rush, I'd go for B-6's in the bigger minerals bases, but isn't it quantity we're after right now, for interdiction duties, then quality later, for base attacks?
          Ah, so we'll build a couple B-6s later before an invasion? What will our B-4s do in the meantime btw? (haven't read that discussion very closely) After all, there aren't that many easy pickings (crawlers, formers...) in range, and I assume it would be risky to attack plasma sentinels in bases covered by sensor arrays, certainly for B-4s that haven't been built in Aerospace Complexes and thus only have hardened morale.

If it's not too expensive to rush
          Well we just need to build a crawler in another base and then cash it in at the Aerospace Complex base.

Comment

Re: MY 2162 Planning Thread

Originally posted by Googlie [*]The GeneralTacticus will limp 5 squares west towards AU for a refit and repair at the naval yards there
            Why not repair it at the university Climactic Research right south to it? It's much closer to where it is now and where it will be operating in the future. It can get there in two turns rather than four for AU.

Comment

Some worker relocation suggestions:

Put the RG and MS(N) (Messena) workers back to where they were, as MSN's nutrient tanks are filled now.

IIRC FB's nut tanks are filled as well.(?) Means we'll have to turn a worker into a doctor I guess. (Unless we shuffle with the ogre).

More to the east, it would be a waste to let that 2NS supercrawler harvest only one mineral. Therefore, how about some worker relocations such as these?

SC2 worker moves from the 3-1-0 farm tile to the new forest near the crater that should be planted next year IIRC.
              The OA mine-without-road worker relocates to the now empty farm.
              The 2NS supercrawler can now move to the empty mine.

Comment

I opened the turn. Things look pretty much sane, but the Morgans have gobbled up even more tech. Now all we can give them is Doc:Init and Doc:Air.

Most disturbingly - they have allied with the Gaians! I would accuse those teams of not role-playing very well, but they probably wouldn't listen

Other bad news, the PK:s will get Doc:Air in just 5 years, and Yang will get it in 6!

EDIT: Errr.... This is bad. They've also pacted with Zak!!!
                Last edited by Snoddasmannen; March 8, 2005, 14:59.

Comment

We can aleays coerce Zak to declare vendetta on Morgan - at least that'll deprive them of commerce income, even although it might be too late to avoid them getting our maps thru Zak 9assuming they didn't get them from teh Angels)

Now we can get some more Gaian data thru our Morgan infiltration (#, names and sizes of bases, techs, current research and current energy reserves

What would Lal ask for if we asked him to declare Vendetta on Morgan?

Comment

2162 moves
                    • Messena worker put back to 3/1/0 tile
                    • RG worker re-assigned to the vacated 1/2/2 forested river tile
                    • Hermes moves into 2NS southern bay and picks up the Crypteia from there and then proceeds east towards Iaca Base
                    • RT2 attempts to enter 62:30 encounters a mindworm – kills it. Tries to enter again, another mindworm – kills it too – gets a morale upgrade - all mps now used
                    • Longstrider moves on to the Rio Rojo
                    • SC2’s B-6 moves past MT and takes out the Arty unit on the coast, revealing another Hive regular impact rover in the fungus just inland
                    • RG’s B-6 takes up position outside Vander Eudaimonics ready to kamikaze next turn if called upon
                    • Njord moved into position to shell the forest/mine between Whohabitat and Chaunk Curry – shelling failed
                    • GeneralTacticus moved north to join the Njord and the Vladimorei, and after one move encountered a unity seedpod. Changed production at Fort Liberty to a supercrawler, popped the pod, and got a completion goodie!!
                    • Saw another pod, so popped it as well (the Vlademorei could take care of any IoD) – popped 75 ec’s
                    • Vlademorei, moving to join them, saw a third pod, popped it, got a mindworm which it killed and got upgraded to Elite

(energy reserves now stand at 302)

Comment

2162 cont …..
                      • SC2 worker moves from the 3-1-0 farm tile to the new forest near the crater that should be planted next year IIRC.
                      • The OA mine-without-road worker relocates to the now empty farm.
                      • Vlad’s worker reassigned to the farm adjacent to the mine, and the crawler now works the mine
                      • Fort Soup partially prototypes a res3 noodle, with the help of a cashed in crawler, then retires design, changes to a Holotheater, and is rushed with 14 ec’s
                      • Au’s crawler assigned to the mine
                      • FS’s longstrider goes to Fort Liberty and takes up duties there
                      • Argos crawler rushed for 2 ec’s
                      • Aarvak heads up our east coast and into the Straits of thebes to pick up the new supercrawler from AU (when the latter reaches there)
                      • Disco Volante found a pod, popped it (with 2NS production set to a supercrawler) but popped an IoD, so vamoosed southwest, away from the land
                      • Invincible stayed in UN Great Refuge to heal
                      • R-112 headed upriver, but encountered a gaian Colony pod, so retreated doe=wn the peninsula
                      • Pegasus closed the gap somewhat with the Heimdall
                      • The Heimdall entered the channel into the fungus, encountered a Gaian transport there {If the trannie won't move we can always sail the Peg alongside the corner of land and move the units onto land then onto the Heimdall (but note that this would be a golden opportunity for the Gaians to board their trannie with their probe then probe the Heimdall away from us - at least, I think you can do that from a vessel. I'll run the sim to see after I save a midturn)}

(Screenie of that theater attached – Gaian Colony Pod and their transport
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Googlie; March 9, 2005, 00:05.

Comment

2162 cont …..
                        • RT2 moved south to MT’s outskirts
                        • MT’s Coastguard cutter moved out southwest along the coast and revealed 3 more Hive Impact Speeders en route to MT (screenie attached)
                        • SCC Iaca moves out of harbour and heads south to rendezvous with the Invincible
                        • Tomcat-SCW moves onto crater rim shared by 3 bases and commences foretry operations
                        • rushed the aerospace complex at OA for 30 ec’s
                        • rushed the crawler at GH for 10 ec’s
                        • rushed the crawler at Ironholm for 18 ec’s
                        • Rushed an Impact noodle at AU for 18 ec’s (instead of the planned crawler)
                        • Rushed an Impact Noodle at MT for 11 ec’s
                        • Moved 2NS’ supercrawler onto the roadless mine
                        • put a former in production at 2NS
                        • swapped back the crawlers for Rio Grande and Fort Buster (FB, now having the aerospace complex gets to work the 7 mineral mine to produce B-6’s faster)
                        I think that’s all the moves made.

Diplomacy:
                        • Called up Zak, and he now is in Vendetta with Morgan – not much loss of income to M, but every little helps
                        Last edited by Googlie; March 9, 2005, 22:23.

Comment

I forgot the screenie of the action around Minas Tirith:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                            (but note that this would be a golden opportunity for the Gaians to board their trannie with their probe then probe the Heimdall away from us - at least, I think you can do that from a vessel. I'll run the sim to see after I save a midturn)
                            Indeed they can - it'd cost them 88 ec's to do so.

Maybe we should call them up (ie, Kassi sends a PM to Chaos Theory) to say that the trannie is non-threatening but is just picking up stranded units as Yang - and the Gaians - have closed the bottleneck way back

And if they do mindcontrol the Heimdall, to get their hands on the cruiser hull, then of course we have a Unity Rover, an Ogre and the CRV-112 (now amphibous gatling) in their vicinity

Comment

Turn looks great!

How about rushing a couple of minerals in S Citadel and S Craterwest so that we can get a cheaper rush next turn (having filled the first row).

Maybe we should call them up (ie, Kassi sends a PM to Chaos Theory) to say that the trannie is non-threatening but is just picking up stranded units as Yang - and the Gaians - have closed the bottleneck way back

And if they do mindcontrol the Heimdall, to get their hands on the cruiser hull, then of course we have a Unity Rover, an Ogre and the CRV-112 (now amphibous gatling) in their vicinity
                              Well they couldn't mind control it this turn since a unit loses all its mps when it boards a transport. If they board the probe team next turn, we can begin to worry.

I still think we could kindly ask them to move their transport though.

Comment

Working...
                              X