Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covert Operations - General (2125 - 2149)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covert Operations - General (2125 - 2149)

2125 NewsFlash

We are now the leading team!!

(Plus, SCC Invincible, damaged with only 3 movement points, continues east arpound our southern shoreline)

Partial map, and powerbar charts below (This is before any expenditure of ec's to change to Planned - ie, extracted from the 2125 midturn save)
    Attached Files

Wow! First? Getting applied physics last turn must have given us a big boost. I bet we'll really shoot up the chart next turn when getting planetary networks is factored in.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Hmm - that might already be factored in (I'm not sure if this 2125 powerbar chart that we see is the same as what, say, the Gaians saw (ie only renews at the beginning of a turn, or if it is dynamically renewed)

I suspect the former, as we got both a tech and a new population at our 5th base after this turn opened.

G.

(I guess I could "scenario check" it, but right now I have other "stuff' to do!!)

Comment

So, now we know about the University:
        *Zak has gene splicing! Nutrient restriction lifting would be awesome this early, if we could find a way to get it.
        *Zak seems to be located to our east.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Zak in 2125:
          Attached Files

Comment

Updating (2125) of the factions' populations, etc:

Hive: 21 pops (up from 17 last turn!!) - running Police/Planned/Survival
            University: 11 - running Democratic/Planned/Survival
            Sparta: 6 (up from 4 and about to grow to 7 next turn) - running Frontier/Simple/Survival
            Gaians: 6 (up from 5) - running Frontier/Planned/Survival
            Angels: 6 (up from 5) - running Frontier/Simple/Survival
            Morgan: 5 (same) - running Frontier/Free Market/Wealth
            Last edited by Googlie; August 10, 2004, 11:17.

Comment

Covert Operations - General (2125 - 2149)

This will be the thread to post general Covert Operations comments, orders, speculations re the AI, etc (the 3 other factions will have their own threads)

Comment

this is an intersting game. we have to be careful not to get smashed by the AI, not just the human factions. The Hive is going to be very powerful. And the University is sure to have air power very fast. Before us most likely.

Comment

We're keeping up with the other humans, that's important. Hive is growing pretty massively, I can't wait for us to get our hands on that territory.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I agree (with Diss). And it's noteworthy that yang has signed a treaty with us, but Zak won't - he's "obstinate"

If Buster has set it up that Yang is a power in his own right (the Jungle, fast growing, industrial/militaristic) and is counterbalanced by a Uni-PK alliance, maybe set to dislike Yang? then we need to choose our friends and enemies wisely

Zak seems a softer target than Yang (actually, Lal seems the softest judging from the powercharts) but I guess getting into vendetta with one of the Zak/Lal combo means vendetta with the other

If we could get Zak to become submissive, we'd then be in a position to out-research the other human factions, which would suggest maybe a deal with Yang might be in our best short term interests

At some point, though, we'd be almost "honor bound" to take Yang out of the game, then as Kass says, we can get our hands on that lovely real estate
                    Last edited by Googlie; August 10, 2004, 21:01.

Comment

I agree, I'd much rather fight the Uni/PK axis than the Hive behemoth. We also have much more tech and stuff to gain from Uuni/PK than from the Hive. I'd also say that even after the Hive falls behind the human factions, it will still hang tough for a while because of its industry, population, and perimeter defenses. So really, I agree, the Hive wouldn't be a bad ally to have.

Comment

Status as of 2126

Looks like our overall lead was short-lived

Population Stats:
                        • Hive - 23
                        • University - 14
                        • Sparta - 8
                        • PK's - 8 (but 12 Council votes)
                        • Gaians - 7
                        • Morgan - 7
                        • Angels - 6
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Googlie; August 11, 2004, 09:19.

Comment

We're still pretty much tied with Morgan. I wouldn't call that "losing the lead" just yet. And we are now more powerful than Lal.

The Hive and University are just exploding in pop. The Hive because of the jungle and inherent Hive growth bonus, and Zak because he's running demo/planned, and he probably has a few creches built, giving him a pop boom in a few cities.

I'm very surprised that we are still first in pop among the human teams. I wonder if the other teams are like, "Man, what's up with the Spartans? Aren't they supposed to be a weak early game faction? What's going on, why are they still keeping up with us?"

Comment

Hmm, anyone noticed that Lal has an agressive personality?
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Something else. IIRC it has been suggested to sell Planetary Networks (which everyone has anyway) to Lal for 25 credits. Will we do that next turn?
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X