Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covert Operations - General (2125 - 2149)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
    Did we not speculate this from the get-go, though?
    Well, sort of. I had the G's and A's reversed, and I didn't reckon on us all being linked to Yang (and we may not be, but I think it's the only way we've all been contacted by him)

looks like Buster has graciously placed the Uni like a fruit ripe for plucking right on our doorstep
    And on Morgan's

Plus he's given the Angels and the Gaians equal access to the PK's

Comment

Uni's on Morgan's doorstep but the Morganites are, shall I say, not quite as able to open the door. The PKs may have juicy bases but Uni's the tech generator here.

(Half-deity now btw )
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

yeah !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
          Did we not speculate this from the get-go, though?

at the map, looks like Buster has graciously placed the Uni like a fruit ripe for plucking right on our doorstep.
          Well, have we considered that the Uni might be beefed up to? ... Perhaps set up with lots of probe teams? Plasma Steel-armored defenders? Perimeter defences? Like you say, he is a very juicy target.

Comment

2142 faction infiltration data:

(We have 15 Council votes)
            Attached Files

Comment

You need anything checked with the AI's, Googlie?
              This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

(KK - ended up calling them all, but thanks for the offer of assistance)

Here's the "techgap" now between us and the other 3 teams:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, the Angels have Applied Physics.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

now that's interesting

Angels have Applied Physics but the Gaians haven't bothered to get it in a trade

I'll bet they're leapfrogging.

Angels are going the Discover/Conquer route (I'll wager they're researching HEC right now) while the Gaians are going the Explore/Build route (and have just acquired Gene Splicing from us)

And we lnow what GS and HEC add up to, don't we?

Right - Synthetic Fossil Fuels, which with Doc Flex >>>>>>>>>>>> Air Power

(Methinks some leapfrogging on our own, maybe with Morgan, is in order)

Comment

And Morgan has the Angels' commlink now (but not vice versa, so they bought it from Yang this turn, I'll bet)

EDIT: - of course it doesn't apear on the list of things we can trade to him - we don't have it yet either !!

Comment

This doesn't sound good.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Should we outright tell the Morganites that we believe that the Gaians/Angels are gunning for Air Power and that it's imperative that we immediately start to co-operate in research?

Comment

trouble is, anyone that we play leapfrog with is also going to get commensurately stronger

Right now we have that ace up our sleeves in that we have 2 AI infiltrated (should we try and steal Doc Loyalty from Yang - he'd prolly declare vendetta if we did) versus the gaians on Yang (and maybe the Angels as well, on Yang. He must have been the first faction their longstrider met en route to meeting the Gaians

If we wait three or four turns we'll be immeasurably stronger, and would then be able to almost dictate co-operation terms to Morgan. Right now we are 2 equals, but if we get a couple or 3 more techs, pop a seapod that gives us a couple of hundred ec's, upgrade 3 rovers to Impact, we'll spike the powergraph

Then I think we go to him

(of course, we could feed their paranoia with some thing like:

"Our infiltration suggests that there is truth in your supposition that the Gaians and Angels are co-operating. Our fear is that this co-operation is leading them down the path to Air Power, and it's going to be difficult to keep pace"

and just leave it at that ........ hanging .......... and see what they come back with

Comment

I see your point. I could draft up a statement to that effect and slip it in somewhere. Further thoughts?

Comment

Well, the Morganites still want our list of techs for sale - or trade

Perhaps a preamble to a list might be the little 2 liner I put a couple of posts before.

then:

In light of this, bearing in mind you have asked what techs we may currently have - or imminently acquire. have you any suggestions as to how, together, we could counter their presumed rush to D:AP?

We have acquired - or researched :
                                • Applied Physics
                                • Secrets of the Human Brain
                                • Nonlinear Mathematics*
                                • Ethical Calculus*
                                • Gene Splicing

* = there is a trade embargo on these two techs at present

and see what they come up with

(the beauty of the "trade embargo" idea is that they'll think we've acquired these 2 from the Gaians or the Angels, not realizing that our own Junta put the embargo on trading advanced military techs or strategically vital ones !!!)
                                Last edited by Googlie; October 15, 2004, 19:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X