Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeoModder
    replied
    Do you think you might succeed in sneaking past the Hiverian coastline all the way to the coast near Sparta Command?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    In a game we played, ganging up on Uni, a player loaded a transport with rovers and set off towards a key base, the long way round.

Eventually he succeeded in capturing the base with 1 turn left and self destructed, wiping out some key SPs.

A similiar sort of sacrifice may be required in this game.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Turn 2191 sent on. Nothing much more to add.

Is there a strategy. Yes

Still operation Mayhem, but still with an eye towards Yang.

After drop cp build I am looking to build transport in RPS.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Can my ambassador please see if we can obtain some ecs and techs from the Morgans in order to upgrade more formers and scouts to clean.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    There are still some changes and move possibilities: like some scouting patrols.

We can't go into FM yet until we get the Punishment sphere built, otherwise a lot of our bases suffer from the Pacifism drones.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Mid turn 2191 sent to Geo and Mart.

In essence I undertook the ideas suggested.

Three drop infantry units in 18, 52

The spartan foil and cruiser destroyed near our drop probe.

3 formers upgraded to clean

1 scout in DC upgraded to Drop Police

We have of course the Neural Amp.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Looking at the team traffic the Spartans seem to have, I expect a follow-up next turn somewhere.

The possibilities I can think of are a dropped colony pod, a naval invasion on the Chokepoint peninsula or an amphibious attack somewhere on the south coast (their rovers had 3 turns then to 'rest' onboard).

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Yeah I have done that.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    note that Gaians sent drop former. Make a clean regular one in workshop

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Yes interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    My Sinder!

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Hi DJs, Just starting to look at the turn now.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Well, after some deliberation I cut the whole thing down to dropping 3 units on tile 18.52...

All other options, if the Spartans are able to play it smart, are a bit iffy and leave our dropped units in the open for an attack the turn after.

But with 3 cheap units dropped on 18.52 (or perhaps a drop plasma AAA unit among them) the Spartans will for sure lose their commando chaos interceptor. And the turn after our surviving units can move within aircover of Delirium Camp.

I also suggest to attack the Spartan flotilla near our Drop Probe on the Spartan landmass with the particle empath chopper and to frame the Spartans for a probe action in Society Grid (but you need to cancel the automove of the probe foil first for that).
    Last edited by GeoModder; October 7, 2005, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Well, if it works, they will get a blow.

Let us do punishment spheres and go free market. we need energy

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Darn Mart, this is no time to huddle and wait for the final blow. If it fails, we lost 1-2 units so the Spartans will have a retreat path, but if it works half the Spartan airfleet we see is down without a fight!

Even better, it will make them think twice before doing long-range strikes again if they continue to spot a high number of cheap drop units in our base squares.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X