• Show
Clear All

• 2181-2190

Screenie of Spartan units in their new conquered base
    Attached Files
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

• Centauri Empathy came pre-accepted from Gaians.
    • Spartans took over PK UN Health Authority. Forces inside can be sen by our B-6. On the screenie. There is a jet near the last base of Lal.
    • We got many bases completed their production this turn, then proposed are:
      FH -- Recycling tanks
      HG -- Aerospace Complex
      KP -- Aerospace Complex
      KC -- Aerospace Complex
      MP -- Supply Crawler
      RPS - Aerospace Complex
      SH -- F-6
      DC -- Supply Crawler
    • The Transport Foil was defeated. Should we send the unity chopper there to attack the IoD? Both units are 10% damaged. Chopper would run out of fuel for sure, since it is quite far.
    • Two more crawlers this turn. I would move one on the rocky tile, where a mine will be next turn and make a place on forest for that one from HG. Another NE to forest near FH
    • Where to move air units?
      B-6 refuel in MP
      B-6 from HG?
      Sioux is ready in SH
    • This is important.
      Should we drop 2 probe teams near UN Aid Station taken by Spartans?
      I think this base for sure have a probe team defending it, and we will more waste a probe team. But anyway.
    • 2 new drop teams in KC and KP. Move to MP?
    • Yang has now 2 tech we do not:
      - Doctrine Initiative
      - Superstring Theory.
      So would we make probe action to get chaos gun? 50 % chance.
    Attached Files
    Mart
    Map creation contest

Comment

Most of those proposals are fine.

Lets take a chance with the drop pods. Where to 4, 56? just outside Un Aid field of vision.
      I think DC maybe a former first
      Should we build an empath impact chopper (Snakebite) in SH? If not there we should build one somewhere for MW control.
      Also we need to build a few more F6 before we take on Yang so don't probe yet.
      Maybe another crawler in FH first so that it can be used later for HSA.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Any ideas as for the existing air units?
        We have one B-6 and Sioux to decide.
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

Towards Heaven's Gate and Hercules Station

Comment

If The Spartan jet returns to UN Aid Station will it spot our drop probes?

Comment

I would have other question too. Both drop probes the same tile?

I will be late with the turn for 2 hours. I already asked for this extension.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Next turn our elite probes have 3 moves

Comment

Ok, the turn posted, although with 2 hr delay.

The end turn does not have 2 things, I noticed when reviewing:
                  - Mart Pact still does not have police, and the only citizen is red. So I made a doctor and started police unit. ready in 2 turns.
                  - RPS should pop boom next turn, so I upgraded scout unit there to police and made a technician. There is a small chance of drone riots, but the police should take care of the drone as usual.

And about regular stuff:
                  - DC makes former and FH crawler as proposed.
                  - Both probe units made it to 4,56 It is forest, so I think Spartans may noticed the units.

I also attempted something more. I took our second B-6 and tried to see what Spartans have in Un Aid Station. Unfortunatelly, SCC Njord (2)-1-6 was on the way. B-6 is now over the sensor in HS radius. Spartans may not suspect our attempt this way. But I give a large chance Spartans will notice it. They may evict them or maybe without hesitation destroy them even. Let us see.

I will prepare the message to Spartans. I will make it official, no sarcasm.

I resigned from that attack on IoD. I think chopper would be lost. I counted for the IoD to be in worse condition than it is now. Quite bad luck.

And last thing. Apart from last mentioned ship there are 2 bombers around PK territory. so total spotted units outside bases:
                  SCC Njord (2)-1-6
                  B-6 = 6-1-10 apparently after attack on UN Temple of Sol
                  B-4 = 4-1-10 probably attacked IoD on the fungus east.

Spartans had the same idea for plane naming. Let us not say that to them now. They might suspect we still do not have infiltration on them.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mart; July 27, 2005, 00:26.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

I checked some more things.
                    Zakharov would give us a loan of 89 EC
                    Return 2 EC for 100 turns

Empath Chopper would cost 24 minerals (3 rows) and for this price it can have impact weapon.
                    Any more ideas for the name? We can name it as you proposed Hercules:
                    Snake
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

And some more thoughts here. Looking at the strategy Spartans make, I give them quite a chance of winning this game. I also have strong feeling we may end up as the first faction that will be attacked by them. Simply because we have 2 good SP: VW and CF. We should make good strategic analysis of the situation and try to accomodate.

Spartans seem to want to destroy PK completely, and bad thing is we loose infiltrated faction. Good thing, no more payment of 3 EC/turn. Their Planetary Datalinks will work just fine still.

We cannot run Power in value social settings. For the time of war we may consider running Survival instead of Wealth. Any more thoughts here? That would cancel minus morale penalty.

We may have a mine on a rocky tile and bunker at the same time. We may scedule a net of bunkers for our territory. Also airbases in the field. Although I did not build them often previously and I do not know about their real value any observations here? I knoe this is a good way to avoid being open with where your air forces are, as the field bases are not visible in the infiltration screens.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

knock; knock

Who is there

It is the Spartans and with your pitifull military you will feel the pain of death very soon.
                        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Yes, we were laid back too long.
                          I propose to discuss military issues in Security Nexus.
                          Things to consider at this point:
                          - AAA plasma defender
                          - AAA plasma drop defender.
                          These units are quite cheap, 3 and 4 rows. And we may start their production pretty soon.

What I mean by good strategic analysis is:
                          - if some faction attacks hive (DA or Gaians) would Spartans attack that faction taking advantage of the situation and obvious presence of military in the hive war region (what means not defending own bases)
                          - would we attack Spartans if they attack Hive?

Serious problems. So far we did not have problems with Spartans, but I am afraid they soon would not be thinking too much about threatening us.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

• We got pre-accepted Treaty from Spartans. Our probes were destroyed by 1-2t-2. Standard construction.
                            • The IoD disembarked its 2 mindworms near the last PK base. More trouble for Spartans then. Take a look there. However we could destroy the IoD itself for energy. Our B-6 is veteran, IoD is green. So waiting for departure order.
                            • Proposed build items:
                              EM --- F-6
                              Gplex- Colony pod
                              GL --- Sioux
                              GMx -- Command Center
                            • Hurrying:
                              KP --- Aerospace Complex - 80 Ec, gives 10 min next turn.
                              HG --- Aerospace Complex - 60 Ec, -as above
                              DC --- Former - 6 Ec

Total spendings: 146
                              Balance: 224-146 = 78
                              * If IoD attacked then more.
                            • New units:
                              Snake --- copter chassis, 4e-1-10, empath ability, 2 rows (16)
                              AAA-Garrison --- infantry, 1-<3t>-1, 3 rows (24)
                              Drop-AAA --- infantry, 1^-<3>-1, 4 rows (32)

Some explanations. We have regular drop 1^-3-1 (however trance is no longer cheap there).
                              I think that on occasion the drop-AAA might prove useful in bases where there is an airbase. We get then on defence:
                              +100% Aerospace complex if there
                              +100% Tracking AAA
                              +25% sensor if there
                              Strength: 15. Even Chaos gun bombers would have difficulties.
                            • About former operations. Some long term plans here. I proposed 2 boreholes south of Googlieplex. Now when I think of it, they would be exposed to attack from the sea. How about rising a terrain there and maybe even making a closed sea? Rising would start near the rocky place marked. Also after rising the terrain we might have potentially more land for boreholes. This tactics I have seen by Krysia's Crusader. Incredible results. Also I would not rise the terrain near the Canyon, as far as I know, the raising destroys the landmark. Let us keep it. So the loop rising from the left might be the option.
                              On the other hand, if we are not worried by it we may have boreholes near sea shore, but they are too easy target to destroy.
                              2 more boreholes inland, as marked. we have 2 formers that can start the one near SH.
                              The sea former completes kelp this turn, so we may also move a crawler towards our center from near the DC. LIT may ensure constant mineral flow. We might use one of the forest tiles in KC for that. KC due to Kelp farm may still pop boom, but Thinkers or doctors would be needed.
                              Fungy north on the Pholus ridge to remove the stuff.
                              We need more regular formers.
                            • I would return B-6 to HG, unles HS is better for observing what Spartans do?
                              Plasma defender one more patrol? SE might be better. N patrol shows only 1 tile more. Our Probe foil kinda takes a look.
                            • Preliminary time of PSA is in 7 turns. Time to gather crawlers slowly near intended building base. I woul propose Snowflake's Heaven.
                            • Any ideas for remaining units. We have 2 more F-6 this turn. Get them towards HG?
                            Attached Files
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

I agree with these proposals. Also with the attack on the IoD.

Note there may be a Spore launcher near HG on tile 25, 53, If so it may give one of our aircraft some experience.

Also Note Spartans have started to build the AV. !!!!!.

This breaks the agreement. This needs an explanation.

Comment

Working...
                              X