Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method
    replied
    Best not to bother, I havn't got SMAC installed currently...

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    Originally posted by Method

Ehr. Yes. Anything that would allow you to view what others are doing would be highly illegal. However, I'm not familiar with these programs. Could you explain to me what they do and are used for?
    The three big ones are:

ACEdit 2.0 which lets you look at SMAC seeings and reorder/subtract factions without going into the INI.

AChelp and AXhelp which lets you look at all the other faction is doing as if you were that faction.

Do you want me to upload the zips so you can look at them. The size is 1/3 to 1/2 meg. each.
    Last edited by ForesterSOF; November 14, 2004, 12:07.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    I have not detected any human controlled faction building a Virtual World. Zakharov is doing it for long time.

So the situation is as follows:
    I cashed 9 crawlers and 2 formers. We have 232/240 minerals now for VW.
    Enigma Machine has mineral output: 6 - 1 = 5
    In order to complete it next turn we actually need only 3 minerals in addition for those 5. Although for security reasons I would hurry at least 5. This way, even we loose some expected minerals from those 5 from the field, e.g. due to sudden mindworm appearing, though we have sensors there, we are safe. Alternativelly I may hurry all 8, but it may be too expensive. Anyway we have 54 EC in this turn.
    Hurrying 5 min will cost 20 EC
    Hurrying 8 min will cost 32 EC.

I guess Zakharov will not complete VW next year, but I may be wrong. How AI chooses it, if AI faction and human controlled builds SP the same turn? I guess in multiplayer first wins anyway, as opposed to singleplayer where human player is preferred. Anyway, will we have any preference if I hurry 8 minerals instead of 5?
    ------------
    I need just to add - I cannot use any more formers at the moment. No more movement poits among those in range. And it really does not matter. Each disbanded former is anyway like paying 4 EC/ mineral.

Leave a comment:

• Method
    replied
    Originally posted by ForesterSOF
    There are help programs for SMAC and SMACX. They are both external and would allow me to look at exactly what everyone is doing.

HIGHLY ELIGAL by the rules. That is why I asked so I could do something legaly. Thankyou; and I believe more suggestions will be forthcomming after an analysis of our progress so far.
    Ehr. Yes. Anything that would allow you to view what others are doing would be highly illegal. However, I'm not familiar with these programs. Could you explain to me what they do and are used for?

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    Took a look at it and have nothing much new to add.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    I am all for building roads first.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    I still favour saving the AA for future use. We can build VW without it but as you say using an extra former.

Note that if you check Morgan tech trade box. Yes they do have Progenitor Psych, but also note they do not require Spartan comm link.

ie The Spartans are in contact with Morgan and vice versa.

We should question the Spartans about this. What exactly is there relationship.?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Ok with this so far. Let's check situ re AA. I mean that AA can also be useful for that surprise tech advance.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    2147:
    • We are ready to instabuild Virtual World. Looking at the situation I would go for using AA for it and sparing 1 more crawler, unless it is necessary to get a technology with it. I think if we use 8 crawlers now. We are left with 2, which will help replacing them, and as my estimate is, in 2151 or 2152 we should have new 10 crawlers for PEG this way. We may hurry them a little though, but this is allowed, as I understood rules.
    • Move our probe teams 2 tiles to the forest indicated. If luck helps and trail is clear, we have probe actions in 2149!
    • Spoted north-west mindworm boil moved south. This may give it opportunity to locate itself in 2149 on the one of the 2 tiles in dark blue circles. We may be able to take it out from there, but some serious units movement is needed. We may spot it on the east circle, but west is outside sensor range. Thus maybe use scout from Kahlua probing to check west circle and possible attack. We might get this unit upgraded on a monolith for this - it will be attack on fungus - what if chances are 2:2? we may face possible dfeat.
    • Maybe a former north from hive synth might start a forest there? and former from Hercules Station make road to Heaven's Gate further?

A screenie:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    The 2147 is in

see next post

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    One of the bugs that is permitted in this team game is the Stockpile bug, whereby when units are completed and stockpile is placed at the top of the queue, an amount of energy (based on minerals used) is also given to the reserves. Hence you will rarely see build queues filled in.

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    5. I was thing in terms of in the build que so hopefully they are ready at the same time flex is done.

I like to macromanage and have running build ques that I look at every few turns to update them unless an emergency takes place.

Ecodamage - Since we do not have Social Psych at the moment I would get a former to do some forest planting.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    1. Those are needed for an upcoming secret project. The current production is replacement for those who will be disbanded.
    4. We got -1 police, extra scouts/sentinels won't help raising the morale.
    5. Aquafarms? We don't even have doc:flex yet, so we can't built seaformers and thus plant kelp fields which are the only thing that benefit from that facility.

Currently we have hit the b-drone limit, so additional bases will only create more drones. We need rec commons to counter that before creating new bases.

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    Some fast looking.

1. Slow down on the production of crawlers.
    2. V. Loft could make 2 CPs and send them to 32x66 and 34x74.
    3. After the formers are done send them to the nutrients and minerals in the SW.
    4. Snowflake could make some Sentinals to explore and go around to the cities to bost moral.
    5. Koddy could work on an Aqua Farm to help feed the people and a Hab to increase pop.
    6. Hevens Gate could make a CP and send it to 29x55 so the new city would get bonus for just being by good stuff.
    7. Macromanage 1 former to auto build roads so supplies can be moved faster.
    Last edited by ForesterSOF; November 9, 2004, 11:05.

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    There are help programs for SMAC and SMACX. They are both external and would allow me to look at exactly what everyone is doing.

HIGHLY ELIGAL by the rules. That is why I asked so I could do something legaly. Thankyou; and I believe more suggestions will be forthcomming after an analysis of our progress so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X